All Ireland Hurling Championship 2018

I do as if we beat Cork the 7/2 on Dan Morrissey for an All Star will be paid out, better than backing Limerick at 5/4.

There is absolutely no value in betting all star awards now. Winners tend to get 7 or 8, losing finalist get 3 or 4 and the rest to the semi final losers. There is a load of politics involved and certain players will get an award regardless. I wouldn’t count on any Limerick lad getting one at the moment as they are a fairly low profile team.

They are box office on TFK

Exactly. Joe Canning won hurler of the year last year and he was Galway’s third or fourth best forward

1 Like

They’re personal awards, they mean an awful lot to the lads that get them, it’s not for the likes of us to get excited about but gamblers can’t help themselves

Exactly. For example Eoin Murphy won’t get one because they’ll need to a fill a quota for cork so they’ll always go with nash bar him having a shocker next week.

Nail on head. Johnny McCaffrey won one for taking frees in the league ff sake :smile: he wouldn’t make a club team in a few counties

Pretty sure it was McCrabbe

At the moment it’s hard to see beyond

1. Quaid
  2. Finn
  3. Casey
  4. English
  5. Byrnes
  6. Hannon
  7. Morrissey
  8. O’Donovan
  9. Lynch
  10. Hegarty
  11. Hayes
  12. Morrissey
  13. Flanagan
  14. Gillane
  15. Mulcahy
7 Likes

Ah theres no way that lad has an all star. They dont give them out in cornflakes boxes!

Edit: oh holy fuck… And lads are debating them on here

1 Like

In theory the All Stars should be more balanced this year as all teams had at least 4 games but there’s very few you could pick out out of those who are eliminated as having hurled that well, bar Murphy and TJ

Lads, I’m blue in the face telling yis about the horseshit that the All Stars are. You dont even want to know how some of them are selected. Its a pity, but its how it is.

2 Likes

… what proved to be an unwitting pre-emptive admission that I know fuck all about hurling.

You better have 16 all stars this year, Peter Casey is a shoe in

A cert for the allstar subs bench.

Caught spoofing again. McCaffrey never won one.

True, i mixed him up with equally useless gym monkey mccrabbe. It just shows how corrupt the gaa is that a hopeless cunt like that is given a token all star

Was it McCrabbe or McCaffrey that was riding his clubmates missus?

McCrabbe was a lovely sticksman at his best