All Ireland Hurling Championship 2018

Jj is too busy admiring himself in a lollipop shaped mirror.

Damo is fierce eloquent in real life, so he is.

1 Like

I see tippy tappy hurling is coming to Waterford.

Pat Ryan? Is he coach or manager. Ecellent coach.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/hurling/john-mullane-galway-have-edge-among-the-fab-four-37140146.html

Limerick v Galway final cc @backinatracksuit

Bump. Saw this coming last September. Unreal stuff in fairness.

16 Likes

Great call alright @Fagan_ODowd, and one which I wholeheartedly agreed with at the time.

1 Like

Two “real hurling men”

3 Likes

I’ve given both this and the original post a like.

It’s been a fantastic hurling championship.

2 Likes

Tipperary.

1 Like

Clare could really struggle for the next few years. They certainly wont have any supporters next year in the munster championship after not winning yesterday.

With O’Donnell off to the states, and very little coming through underage it could be a bleak couple of years for them.

They hammered one All Ireland finalist in 2018 and were the width of a post from beating the other. I don’t blame Clare supporters for being disillusioned during the Davy years, but I’d say the average Clare supporter is happy with what they saw this year. Even if SOD is gone (and I bet he will be over and back in the summer of 2019, he’s a student ffs, not a CEO), Shanagher back at 100% evens that out.

4 Likes

I wouldnt be so sure, you’ve a point with Shanagher and possibly Cunnigham if he were to come back from Australia.

Conlon will be a year older though as will McGrath. Their 21s team this year were absolutely shocking.

O Donnell is back in March next year.

O’Donnell is back in April. There is plenty of decent hurlers coming through. The 21s have been terribly prepared over the last two seasons due to cronyism yet David Fitz, Jason McCarthy, Ian Galvin, Shanagher, Rory Hayes and Michael O’Malley have all shown they are capable of competing at senior intercounty level and are 21/22. Add to that the return of Aaron Cunningham and Oisin O’Brien next year and the panel will be in far better shape.

Last year and this years minors were of a decent standard too with some stand out hurlers in the likes of Diarmuid Ryan, Aidan McCarthy and Mark Rodgers who are as good as prospects as anything in the country at the minute and both teams had plenty of big rangy lads which we are currently missing.

The one thing the team has done this year is get the fans and buzz back. There were all disappointed with the result but all can see the progress made compared to the lost years of 2014 to 2016. With Cork and Tipp in Ennis next year they have every chance to be back in the All Ireland series.

Conlon, Touhy and Patch were the only lads who played yesterday who were over 25

11 Likes

He’ll have repeats end of August though meant to be an awful thick cunt.

8 Likes

Would you away and shite you ignoramus cunt

1 Like

Fair points and they’re well made. But its easier said then done for all of us outside of the big three.

Took ye 5 years to get back to Croke park after winning the AI, granted the Davy factor didnt help but still.