All Ireland Hurling Championship 2018

Shrapnel would account for a lot of it. Iā€™d put that in the jar at home.

Iā€™ve probably overestimated the money for pints. Say 50 quid. and weā€™ll round down to 150 for a great day out at the hurling.

The curse of the round system

1 Like

Iā€™ll cut you, you cunt

I take it back mate

Iā€™ll cut you, you cunt

Doable . 6 before , 1 at half time , 3 in thurles apres match , 3 in some dump on the way home . 6 or 7 in reens .

When Galway werenā€™t winning anything their poor support was usually attributed to inter-club rivalry. All about the club game in Galway - 50,000 in Athenry in November to watch Loughrea v Portumna.

Iā€™m guilty of complaining about match venues but I never get GGA people whining about travel times. Itā€™s a tiny country ffs sake.

I made the mistake of reading the Wexford forum on Hogan Stand and thereā€™s lads fuming about having to travel to Cork, as itā€™s such a journey and seething about why itā€™s not on in Thurles. People not going to the game because of it. The difference in travel time is around 20-30 minutes. Itā€™s not Paris-Dakar like.

That said, I canā€™t be arsed going to the match on Saturday myself. Iā€™m looking forward to the Walsh Cup now.

3 Likes

50,000 in Athenry seen lads maiming each other and knew there was no chance of them pulling in the same direction for the county team.

1 Like

Hopefully we can defend our title and give some of our talented under 21 players a run.

1 Like

[quote="Bandage, post:1814, topic:24831,

. Itā€™s not Paris-Dakar like.

[/quote]

While agreeing with your post in general a drive through the parched farmlands of limerick , Tipperary and south Laois the weekend I would beg to differ with you on this bit .

Is Johnny Maher still hurling ??

He just released a new album so I doubt it.

4 Likes

Davyā€™s not doing interviews this week. Itā€™ll be a very difficult build up for him and Iā€™m sure heā€™ll have mixed emotions.

Not really. Heā€™s crippled with injuries having been subjected to unfair treatment over the years. Think they had him in goals for one of the matches last year.

A great manā€¦the last thing heā€™ll want to do is make it about him.

3 Likes

in 2010 i attended an ā€œextremely attractive double headerā€ in the vast surrounds of croke park,
The appetite was ā€œwhetā€ cc @Sidney as Cork played Antrim in the opening salvo before tipp beat galway in the second game
it was a horrible, muggy day with heavy grey skies, in true ā€œdouble headerā€ fashion we spent the entire first half of the first game getting up and down in our seat to allow patrons enter and leave- we got so sick of it i think we didnt come back in until there was at least 10 minutes gone in the second game and just stayed outside drinking .
it was an utterly forgettable day and and an enormous waste of money and time

2 Likes

You seem to remember it in great detail all the same

5 Likes
  1. Rory Oā€™Connor and Conor Firman both rested rather than injured for Westmeath and available this weekend.

2. Paul Morris doubtful with a knee injury.

3. Liam Ɠg McGovern no adverse reaction to latest substitute appearance.

Source: The Wexford People

I heard the 2 boys didnā€™t take the under 21 loss too well and drowned their sorrows and it didnā€™t go down too well with Davy. I suppose you could call it being rested.
Heard Morris was going for a scan today.

1 Like