All Ireland Hurling Championship 2018

Clare players are spooked

Iā€™d say youā€™d still have people moaning about it either way, saying the venue wasnt big enough or something. Nowlan Park would be the equivalent of Thurles, but a smaller capacity but that never seemed to be in the mix, other than @bandage advocating for it.

Can farmers swap shifts? :stuck_out_tongue:

Anything to back that up? :wink:

Weā€™ll agree to disagree but I know even trying to get time to watch a 3pm game on a Saturday is difficult enough for some and Iā€™d hazard a guess (donā€™t have time to look into it in detail) that attendances for 3pm Saturday GAA games are far lower that 5pm/7pm games.

Stop heā€™s crying like a child here, let him have his little brainless rant

There was 28,567 at the Quarter Final last year in Cork between Clare and Tipp. A Saturday at 3pm.

Given we often hear about Wexfordā€™s amazing supporters and the numbers they travel in, I am expecting at least 35,000 there on Saturday.

6 Likes

Thatā€™ll be weird with game on Saturday.

:joy::rofl:

1 Like

As of now, The Town End will be closed on Sunday and the City End will be closed on Saturday.

They wanted the quarter final in 2014 brought to Croke Park too.

Saturdayā€™s game should be all ticket to cater for the travelling Wexford masses.

1 Like

Wexford ensured a 60k+ Leinster Final crowd last year but weā€™re the epitome of a bandwagon support. We need a big win to get the support out, and beating Kilkenny last year in Leinster ticked that box. Losing the Leinster Final then deflated things and the support fell away a bit for the quarter final in Cork.

Itā€™s even seen in the league. Good win against Galway in the quarter final brought a bumper crowd for the semi-final against Kilkenny. Took a beating in that game which affected the attendance for the first championship game against Dublin.

Won that Dublin game and the bandwagon was back for the Galway home game but lost that. The unlucky defeat in Kilkenny followed and so itā€™s a game where there wonā€™t be too much Wexford support at all.

We donā€™t have that demented INTERNET supporter presence to drum up support either, like the deranged Limerick crew on here or halfwits on Clare Hurlers such as @twiceasnice97 etc. Thereā€™s more of a core of around 3k or 4k knowledgeable hurling (wo)men of good GGA stock who support the hurlers through thick and thin, and those will be the ones attending on Saturday.

Iā€™m not going as I want to spend some quality time with my life partner in Dublin.

Thinly veiled she wont let me go

1 Like

Get up at 6 on Saturday morning and youā€™ll have your half day done at 11. Have the dinner at 11.30 and hit the road at 12. Youā€™ll be in Thurles for 2pm and buy yourself a 99 on the leisurely stroll in.

1 Like

Pal what the fuck?

You are a wexford hurling man, unlike that gobshite croppy boy who has yet again destroyed himself ONLINE here. You post from random football games in ulster in spring but now theres an eminently winnable match for your own county and club men and you are staying away. You might not have a match of consequence to attend for 10 months.

1 Like

This from the individual that castigated me (and @Mac possibly) for not making the trip from Letterkenny to Cork for the quarter final last year as I tended to my pregnant wife and painted the nursery for coming arrival of Croppy Jr?

Well I never!

1 Like

Jesus. Christ.

1 Like

Heā€™s not allowed watch gridiron.
Heā€™s not allowed attend Wexford matches

He is allowed go to Ulster football games.

1 Like

You drunk buddy?

I want to have brunch in Herb Street on Saturday. I have a hankering for the French Toast with clotted cream, pecans and rum buttered bananas. I really couldnā€™t stomach a breakfast roll in Cork.

1 Like

They open on Sunday also, mate.