All-Ireland Hurling Championship 2019***

Very soft frees for lads falling over and then missing blatant frontal charges & thrown balls. Horgan was as bad as I’ve seen in a while last night

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying we shouldn’t take short puck outs. I think his execution and decision making are suspect at times when delivering them and deciding who to hit. He mixes the good and the bad. He was involved in a smashing second half ROC point in fairness too - catching a ball in the square, a little pass to K Foley, onto Reck, forward to O’Hanlon, beautiful diagonal pass to ROC who caught and spun onto his left to score. We played some delightful stuff when we opened our legs and expressed ourselves.

2 Likes

KK players have the fine art of the over the head handpass off to a tee. Don’t know what the fuss is about

If you read his post you’ll note that he says ROC was lucky to escape a red but that the referee was fair.

Wexford being the aggressors doesn’t infer dirt. It just means in his view we hit harder than Kilkenny did.

I think anyone playing Kilkenny expects them to be filthy so they just get on with it. And with Cody refereeing we don’t have much choice.

@Locke drove from Cork to Wexford and appears to have been facing the wrong way when he eventually got into Wexford Park. Chin was quiet. Kilkenny played all the hurling. Conor Brophy was MOTM etc etc.

2 Likes

We’ve walked all over you in championship and league in the last few years so you’re due one by the law of averages.

1 Like

Highly unlikely I’d say. The other two though :tired_face:

The 2nd tackle was a much fairer tackle than the first, it should have been a free in for charging. Horgan had a poor game, he seemed to get completely caught up with the crowd and going with the Wexford flow.

Don’t take the bait, @Bandage.

The Wexford lads cant handle a few home truths

1 Like

I’ll bait him with facts, then bate him with my cap

2 Likes

The Wexford crowd always bay for blood. Elite level roasters in fairness

The lads would want The Rock’s ICONIC point v Limerick all those years back rescinded for running through someone on the way out.

The players must be wicked frustrated with the putrid style of hurling they’ve been asked to play. You could see that frustration bubbling to the surface yesterday with ROCs wild pull on Murphy and O Hanlon’s red card

Wexford want to reinact the actions of a Cloyne knuckledragger who didn’t win the match in the end.

Gas

1 Like

Ye beat us by a few points in thurles alright a few years ago. We beat ye like a foxy stepchild in wexford park the year before that…

I fondly recall two unmerciful hammerings doled out in croke Park in the early noughties

Cork never feared Wexford. Wed love to meet ye in a semi final though. Ye are great oul craic and the big red sun burnt scaldy flat accented heads on ye

9 Likes

The top sides (limerick) manage to get the same intensity and swarm into their defensive system without having to commit everyone back. Wexford need to leave at least two up. The top sides (limerick) would ate them alive if they kept pucking ball down on top of a sweeper like they did yesterday.

4 Likes

Guys, I never mention referees but Horgan missed the blatant pick up off the ground when we were 4-2 up. Poor Davy went apoplectic. Gave the free against ROC then when the defender emerged with the ball. Reid caught the long free in and popped it off to Mullen for a point. 4-3 when it should have been 5-2, as Chinner was knocking over the frees in the first half. But I really don’t think it’s becoming to talk about referees, even though we’ve been on the wrong end of it against both Dublin and Kilkenny with Horgan in charge. Little, nuanced things that only the likes of myself, @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy and a few others identify. But sure look it, it’d be churlish to go on about it so I don’t mention referees.

Every team in every sport does that tbf

Agree rating. We need to evolve a little bit to win the All Ireland.