All-Ireland Hurling Championship 2019***

I don’t think they have enough good players.

They have far less good players than the rest of the Munster counties

Yeah. Particularly up front. Still and all they’re not that far away and work rate and aggression can be a great leveller.

If Clare only scraped a win in Walsh Park then they aren’t upto much. Limerick will beat them comfortably

Waterford have plenty good players. They were in an All Ireland final only 2 years ago ffs.

If they hit their stride at all and get into a rhythm they’ll do damage yet.

That was the brother

Is their father an ortho surgeon?

If we beat Waterford and Clare beat Tipp then us vs Tipp could be knockout the last day regardless of the result against Clare. Now that would be some craic. Need to beat Waterford first mind. Will need a big step up in performance from the last day.

Derek got the most out of them. They are limited, particularly in the forwards. They might pull one win out of the bag though

That’s possible, but they’ve turned decent galway sides over often enough. They just don’t seem to be getting the best out of what they got. They were a bad wide away from being all Ireland champions 2 years ago I reckon, and had no luck last year. They can’t be that bad.

Pauric broke his badly v Ballyduff Upper in a club championship game the week after winning the league in 2015. From memory Philip broke his the year before in a club game and missed the championship

No that’s Brian and David O Sullivan.

Mahony, brick and Moran all regressed since then and they’ve really added anybody new in. A lot of that Waterford team have a fair few miles up between underage and the last few years in senior. They probably short 4 or 5 players. Need a scoring forward or two at least. 6 championship games since 17 final and 5 defeats. 3 of those have been hammerings.

I think they have the players they just seem to be badly coached and no game plan. First touch and movement non existent

More so than Tipp, Limerick or Clare? Kilkenny for that matter.

I agree, no forward like Mullane or Flynn or Kelly etc. no dangerous scoring forwards and not getting the best out of the forwards they have.

Stephen Bennett played a lovely low ball into Patrick Curran in the first half on Sunday. Curran was out in front of his man touched the ball with the stick and the ball flew about 10 yards away. That’s what we’re up against.

It’s the large group of players though. You only get 4 or 5 years out of a bunch of players. Kilkenny are different to any other county. Teams like Clare, Waterford And limerick that built around a successful underage team tend to get 3 or 4 years out of that side before it comes stale. You have to constantly add in a few new players.

They are once in a generation types though. Nobody has them really.

Tbf most of the same lads have been Tipp’s best players for the last ten years