All-Ireland Hurling Championship 2019***

Their coverage is a shambles.

They are praising him for

1. Not saving it
  2. Giving it straight to a Galway man immediately afterwards

A Carlow win in Wexford Park on Saturday week would blow the group wide open.

If we beat Carlow am I right in saying that beating KK guarantees a Leinster final appearance?

Heā€™s never been a proper stick man, good athleticism will get you so far but his wrists just arenā€™t up to it.
He really should have nailed that last chance with the time he had.

1 Like

You are correct.

1 Like

Jacqui caught on the hop there by Frehill sending it back to the studio :joy:

Iā€™d say thereā€™s some combination of results where 6 points might get us in a 3-way tie situation, but weā€™d be highly unlikely to miss out.

1 Like

Long term youā€™d think when Canning retires or even slows down in the next few years Galway are in serious trouble.

Wexford were 1 point up with 4 minutes to go, Galway came back to retake the lead.
Pearse Stadium is a farce of a venue, there was poor shooting but conditions were clearly atrocious. The Connacht football final in a couple of weeks will also be a nonsense due to the wind.

Probably the worst venue in Ireland.

Iā€™m going through it in my head now and I dont think so. Carlow can still in theory get 6 but that would make ye getting 6 impossible

Heā€™s a serious athlete and heā€™s very good in the air. Excellent in those areas, an alright hurler at best. Donā€™t know if Wexford play to his strengths really, and have no idea how heā€™s taking frees.

I think they are already in decline. A not particularly impressive Kilkenny might be the best team in Leinster at the moment

1 Like

This will be Tipps softest All Ireland since 89

5 Likes

Theyā€™ve been in decline for a while.

You donā€™t know your Limerick hurling all that well. Take a look sometime at the Michael Connelly goalkeeping performance against Limerick in the 1980 All Ireland Final.

1 Like

Yeah, I didnā€™t factor in that Galway and Kilkenny will take points off each other.

Davy getting sent to the stand was a moment of genius. Seemed to kickstart the Wexford lads into action.

The breeze fucked the game as a spectacle though unfortunately.

Could you imagine the scenes in Carrigduff and Oliver Plunkett Park on the Carlow side of the Bunclody frontier?

cc @Fitzy