All-Ireland Hurling Championship 2019***

It’s remindful of Trappatoni and Denis O Brien that time, Trap made a shite team competitive though, is Davy holding back a talented bunch? Looking at the dip in form of the likes of Chin/McDonalld I’d be more inclined to agree with Bolger

Yes, I suspected as much. I believe he might have thrown in a few quid for petrol back in the more innocent times of the early 1990’s to get Cyril Farrell to travel down from Galway for a few training sessions.

Think he might have used his agri contacts to assist with the Gain sponsorship.

1 Like

Avonmore/Glanbia should not be forgotten in Kilkenny. Group profit of almost quarter of a billion last year

It’s easy to see after today why the likes of @Lazarus and some other of the Galway contingent are still rattled after last year. .

Financial Fair Play needs to be looked at in hurling. The likes of Limerick, Tipperary, Galway and Kilkenny with their unlimited financial resources are like an elite coterie of soccer super franchises.

2 Likes

Just because games are tight doesn’t make them high quality. If a junior b game ends a draw, it doesn’t make it a good game

Anyone’s guess. He openly admitted to losing invoices for selling racehorses to corrupt politicians at the Mahon tribunal. Has connections to Arab money. Davy wouldn’t come cheap that’s for certain

Just because it’s Munster Championship, not every match has to be labeled a classic. In fact it’s been a very poor Munster Championship so far. An 18 point turkey shoot, two 7 point winning margins which both should have been a lot more and a poor quality Clare v Waterford match which was about the most comprehensive 1 point winning margin you could witness.

1 Like

The fact that you’re labeling this Munster championship poor in quality highlights the difference in standards between the two championships. This year’s Munster championship still shits all over Leinster for quality of hurling alone.

It will be thirty years before they win another title.

Tipperary scored more from play in each of their two games than both teams combined today. Today was 2 levels below the Limerick/Cork match last Sunday imo.

1 Like

He does. I was at the first round game that finished 12 points each. He scored about 9 frees and missed about the same. Woeful technique. Feet about 6 inches apart standing over the ball. Rory O Connor is a good free taker and should be concentrated on to work on it.

It is grossly negligent for an inter county team not to have a reliable free taker in championship .

1 Like

I don’t understand why O’Connor doesn’t take them though? Did he have a disaster on them a couple of times or something?

He took some either during league or championship, can’t quite recall, but wasn’t 100% either. Not that is bad, he’s still young, but he should have been worked with, get experience and be the long term solution. Conor Mac took a few too and was poor. Chin tho is awful hit and miss. Not at all reliant

Is Bulfin the free taking coach?

If so , an anagram is appropriate .

1 Like

I think Coleman take them for the Martin’s but might be wrong. O’ Connor was on them against Clare last year and don’t think he was that bad on them. Seems to be a different free taker every day.

Free taking coach?

Here’s the ball, there’s the posts. Done

3 Likes