All-Ireland Hurling Championship 2019***

Fuck ClarešŸ˜‚

1 Like

Cuntish timing for Waterford to suddenly turn to shite. Its open season on All Ireland until Kilkenny and Galway get their shit together again

1 Like

No. His unfortunate illness came after said decision was made ā€“ however the decision, in lamentable taste, was subsequently spun. PR went to Waterford and found himself in front of a table with four or five players behind it, more or less interviewing him. PR had more than enough sense to see the story and exited stage deft.

1 Like

Your heart would go out to the Waterford lads, was talking to a good few around the town after the game and they all just seemed completely downcast and mystified over what has happened the team. The fundamentals are surely there, at underage they were winning titles at the same age group as Limerick were.

Either way, having the games at home will be a big boost to the county going forward. Iā€™ve never spent any time in Waterford really other than passing through on the way to Tramore when I was a young fella, so it was grand to even see the place. The ValparaĆ­so of Munster, thereā€™s some fantastic murals about the place

4 Likes

Is that true? Iā€™ve heard the same story about a number of different potential IC managers over the past few years .

There is a reason why CL, CP and JP have been Waterfordā€™'s best players. Namely: they are not institutionalized in the previous regimeā€™s approach. You cannot mollycoddle sportsmen indefinitely without the process ending up a cod.

1 Like

Itā€™s a story Iā€™ve heard from a number of good sources as well. It was all to cosy with Derek and he was too close to players. That was always going to create problems for whoever followed.

Who were the four or five players?

To the very best of my knowledge, without having been in the room for that meeting, this account is 100% true. Pat Ryan did not want to become Gerald McCarthy by the Suir.

2 Likes

The ones you would expect.

1 Like

I presume you could start with the 2 who were subbed at half time

Not going to get into that level of detail in public ā€“ but it is a real shame to see Waterford in this position. Plenty of talent thereā€¦

5 Likes

Maurice? Do ya reckon?

Youā€™d feel sorry for Fanning

4 Likes

I think you could be fairly certain that the two who were subbed at half time werenā€™t on an interview panel. Most Likely to have been Connors, The Mahonys and Moran.

4 Likes

Heā€™s in a no win situation (ironically enough)

Waterford struggling at minor too every year. Rubbish county championship. Could fold like offaly if they donā€™t watch out.

1 Like

He was well rattled in that interview. Sad to see a decent man struggling like that

2 Likes

He had no business taking that job. Fundamentally a hopeless man manager with a massive opinion of himself. Destroyed Mount Sion.

1 Like

Youā€™d hope Fanning has the good sense to walk away after next week.

Best to just cut your losses and walk away. Looks like he could do without the grief and stress of the job.

1 Like