All-Ireland Hurling Championship 2019***

To read someone is to talk about them behind their back ā€¦ kinda like a gossiper. Cant keep a secret etc.

Iā€™ve often wondered where the expression came fromā€¦ itā€™s rife around Limerick and parts of Clare - not sure where else.

I know back in the day, priests would read your name from the altar if you didnt contribute your dues ā€¦ the bastards shaming the poor as usual ā€¦ so it was a case of the priest reading you out from the altar ā€¦ Iā€™m guessing, but iā€™d say it might stem from there.

2 Likes

I canā€™t make it to Innovate Wexford Park this evening.

Could attendees fire up some post match reports / observations please?

cc @Appendage, @Gman, @Mac, @Wexford1996, @wexico14, @padjo, @count_of_monte_crist

1 Like

Itā€™s boggerspeak mate, pay no heed

Itā€™d be universally understood in Cork as well, Iā€™d have thought it was an all island thing before this bombshell

3 Likes

Not making it in myself. Footballers conceding 4 goals in 30 mins is good going anyway.

1 Like

Putrid stuff from the footballers so far. Crazy set up tactically, and a few bizarre starters. Derry running through us for fun

1 Like

Donā€™t like slating players, but how one player starting is even on the panel is completely beyond me. He doesnā€™t pick himself so not fair to have a go at players, but so far off the level itā€™s not funny.

1 Like

Wexford football is the new Wexford hurling by the looks of things

Wexford was always a football county

They should have their own dedicated football thread, it would be a big hit Iā€™d say

1 Like

Two lads who started shouldnā€™t be anywhere near a county squad, but thatā€™s an aside. The manager though, out of depth at minor level, out of depth last year and out of depth again this yearā€¦

May as well just stick penknives in the balls and be done with it

1 Like

@Pikeman you logged in with the @Mac account by accident

1 Like

Waterford look very up for this.

As Mike Tyson said theyā€™re all up for it till they get a punch in the mouth

Great crowd in Franks house

Iā€™m here watching with nephew (in law) ā€¦ Heā€™s Erins Ownā€¦ Heā€™s never seen Cork win the AIā€¦ Shocking.

Bit of an oul melee?

1 Like

I saw online the two stands were sold out. Must be a serious Cork crowd, Iā€™d say barely 500 Waterfordians will travel to this.

Surely that was a foul by Bennett?