All-Ireland Hurling Championship 2019***

Reid reminds me of Eoin Kelly in his pomp, carrying a forward line of mullockers. Iā€™d say that Reid has single handedly won/drawn games for KK more than any single player for any team in recent years. The cunt is like a fucking Terminator that you canā€™t kill off

4 Likes

Its a solid comparison, but reid is better. Catching puck outs and working scores all himself, killer goalshot. As to why galway didnt use the extra man to double mark him, hands up wondering emoji

2 Likes

Wins for Kilkenny and Dublin next week would knock Wexford out of the championship.

Who should pick up TJ Reid? James Breen was a right niggly, mauling, dragging nuisance on him in 2017 in league and championship, but heā€™s on the bench having taken a year out last year and been injured during the league. Itā€™s unlikely heā€™ll be drafted in.

Of our starting 6 starting backs, I think each of them have at least one area where Reid would exploit them. Shaun Murphy is doing quite well as a traditional marking wing back this season but think Reid would be too strong for him in the air.

In fairness to Kelly, he spent his entire career in the FF line. Wasnā€™t much puck outs caught in there

Agreed, he must have won about 10 puckouts/breaks off puckouts today as well as 2-5 from play

I know im just making the point that reid is often doing it all himself, not even needing the ball (often very middling) kelly created scores from. Hes way underrated, im not sure that will ever be recognised. Has no public profile, is by all accounts a simple enough redneck shaping hurls away in a shed, but a genius.

1 Like

Does he not run a gym?

Iā€™d agree with you on all the points about him btw. I think itā€™s interesting to look at the trajectory of his career over the past 6/7 years compared to someone like Richie Hogan

Hogan has had significant injury problems, but Reid seems to stay out of the limelight altogether. Itā€™s true worth will be realised when heā€™s gone from them

Disagree massively on your final point. We know well how valuable he is

1 Like

What age is TJ and Hogan, 32?

:laughing: Spoof.

Aye but maybe by those outside the county. Sorry should have been clearer

1 Like

Need to go full blown Champions League with the Round Robin, have home and away fixtures same season, maybe an away goal rule as well.

The seethe runs deep in this one. Galway beat KK at home and all they can talk about is the All Ireland Champions.

2 Likes

Huh?

The referee did his utmost to keep Clare in the game inside the first 20 mins ffs.

RENT FREE

1 Like

You forgot the asterisk

1 Like

Two asterisks after that cork capitulation. Did you hear they didnā€™t bring the asterisk to any pubs around the county, but made sure it visited every school. Best. Team. Ever.

2 Likes

Actually i think he does, the fact i didnā€™t know that kind of strengthens the point heā€™s low key.

Hogan killed Kilkenny today. They must be stuck if cody would persist with someone, albeit a great, taking potshots

He owns a gym in Salthill as well now, not sure how that came about