Munster Qualifiers- Clare Tipp Cork
Leinster Qualifiers - Galway Kilkenny Dublin

Limerick
Clare
Cork
Galway/waterford/tipp/kk
Dublin
Wexford

Limerick have clear water between themselves and the rest.

When all is said and done we are going to have the same 6 counties making the knock stages.

Don’t think so. There are too many close games to call.

I think the puff will go out of Dublin when they lose to KK first up sadly. Walsh park gives Waterford a better chance but I don’t see enough scoring power to ultimately be successful. Tipp have good forwards but fair weather hurlers and still lack pace. They may well beat Waterford at home but that will be it for them.

Wouldn’t want to be going away to semple needing a win tbh.

If you cunts can put the ‘greatest team ever’ shite to one side — there’s actually nothing between Limerick and the rest… Limerick were flat out trying to win the league and the big worry is have they another few gears to go up. Clare are primed to go at it this year and Cork will be very hard to stop if they get out of Munster … I dont think the fixtures have been kind to Limerick at all - Coming in Cold to play a Cork team with a game already under their belt is going to be very tough. You lose and are on the back foot and going away to Waterford needing a win… Limerick also will have 3 games in 13 days. Big, big ask.

Same as Clare last year, it will be no problem to limerick. I think you will be qualified ahead of that anyway but will have the opportunity to put Tipp out.

I actually fancy ourselves and Kilkenny as the dark horses this year. Shano is a massive loss and we wouldn’t have got near Galway without him last year. He’s supposedly back in country in a few weeks.

Shane is back and training .

1 Like

Jaysus- :weary:. I heard he was doing exams this month- loveky

He have a brain as big as a football

Aside from the schedule, which is against us, the big worry is that we haven’t really identified any new players. Boylan and O’Loughlin had grand leagues but I can’t see either either threatening the starting 15. Casey, Condon and Dowling are hardly new names and will most likely be in sub roles again this season, with the possible exception of Casey. We’ve gone back to the 15 that were in situ last August and for much of the championship last year, and Kiely will keep picking them. Imo, that is eventually going to tell.

2 Likes

Limerick used 33 players in the league. No different than any other county.

Malachy, Hanley, Murphy, Boylan, Mikey O’Brien, Malachy, Pat Simon, David Dempsey, Paddy O’Loughlin, Downes, Hennessy. They all nearly got starts.

I think the only panel members that haven’t been used are the long term injuries and maybe Lyons.

I don’t know what more people expect

Malachy - so good they named him twice.

you can never have enough Malachy

Not saying we didn’t utilise the panel. Just not many of those are pushing the first 15.

Is Downes gone?

Malachy²

1 Like

how different will any of the first 15’s be? realistically. Arguably only Tipp will be drastically different from last year.

We’ve an all-ireland and league winning team. we don’t need to change much. The replacements have shown they’re perfectly capable when asked to come in.

Only line that is a concern is the full back line.