All-Ireland Hurling Championship 2019***

Iā€™m not even going to go there

Who gives a fuck about Leinster?

2 Likes

I suspect Iā€™ll be taking a few drags of a hash plant on saturday night to console myself.

5 Likes

Itā€™s important that the tier two competitions are given good coverage also.

1 Like

Shane Barrett cleared to play. Advantage to Dublin. John Hanbury not cleared to play for Galway. Advantage to Galway

6 Likes

Weather is shite down here pal. I donā€™t think Iā€™ll bother me bollox going to the game.

Is that true though? Iā€™d be be pretty confident hat wouldnā€™t happen in Wexford if it was a genuine case.

Sometimes people make up stuff.

This could be Limerick 2009 all over again with people holding open side and terrace tickets making a beeline for the stand and all manner of panic ensuing*.

*as workshy stewards leaned up against walls

Co board sent out messages to clubs looking for workshy stewards for tomorrow. A view of the game and tea and sandwich being the enticement. I doubt any of the lads stewarding would give a shit if people were walking around to the other side. Needs strong characters who take pride in their job to do that.

That is true.

We should be ok lads, weather looks ok for tomorrow.

I told my auld lad Iā€™d be down to Wexford around 4pm tomorrow. He said thatā€™s grand as itā€™ll give me time to have a quick cup of tea and a sandwich before we head over to get a seat. He mentioned something about a Leinster League game being thrown on beforehand.

Mother of Christ that is unmerciful jargon. What a spoofer

3 Likes

Yes, Honan called Pat Fitz out on it in the media last year

I believe that Patā€™s line of reasoning was that if he paid for treatment to a player who had left the panel that it would be an admission of liability/guilt on the part of Clare Gaa for the injuries sustained.

@anon61878697 throw up Jackie Tyrrellā€™s Irish Times column from today on Wexford-Kilkenny there.

He raises the thing thatā€™s been on my mind all week - who should pick up Reid if Ryan takes Fennelly and Oā€™Hanlon takes Walsh?

He also references us beating them by 0-10 to 1-5 in the 2001 Leinster U21 Final in Wexford Park. Was it one of the posters here, @Appendage maybe, who came out of nowhere at an angle and delivered the best shoulder Iā€™ve ever seen in a match that night when one of their lads was clean through and about to score a goal?

Shur that "wonder goal " he got against Cork in the semi of 2017 was along the same lines. Great finish and all that but he should have got his hole kicked for not laying it off. Iā€™ve no problem and would indeed encourage a bit of selfishness in a few lads but you still need to use your mallet.
Peter Casey was of the same ilk when he came onto the scene but heā€™s a lot more balanced now

Jackie keeping quiet on Limerick after his recent missteps.

We are a forgiving bunch.

The Munster championship has been boring and the Leinster championship has been absorbing.