All-Ireland Hurling Championship 2019***

Supermacs Guy?

1 Like

Only finished watching the game there now, fucking @Monkey_Allen shower wouldn’t change the time of a game this evening so missed the whole thing. @Fran got lucky this time…

Good result all things considered. Unbeaten and in the leinster final. I’ll take that. Plus the 7-1 I got on wexford before the season started. Still think there is more in this team too.

Cc @anon61878697

https://youtu.be/tnhjw9vmABo

I was there

#biggametsg

The GGA missed a trick tonight

Congrats kid

Big game the Sunday game?

This evening brought to mind the final day of the 1986 Scottish League season when a bizarre coupling of results meant the maroons of Heart of Midlothian lost the league to Celtic from a seemingly unassailable position

It also brought to mind some of the great Premier League last day battles to avoid relegation, particularly 1993 when Crystal Palace went down on 49 points having looked safe beforehand and 1994 when Sheffield United only occupied the last remaining relegation spot for the final minute

Parnell Park was like The Hawthorns on the final day in 2005 when West Brom miraculously overhauled Crystal Palace to stay up

All we were missing was Jeff Stelling, Chris Kamara and a close up shot of a young Galway supporter in tears as the game wasn’t on television

Nevertheless Jeff and Kammy have a strong assocation with Dublin GAA, being personal friends of Jonny Cooper and having commentated on the 2017 All-Ireland football final, so we know they were there in spirit

2 Likes

Congrats to Wexford. Unfortunately the Carlow game came back to haunt us. I don’t buy into the theory that the legs are gone in this Galway team but we need an injection of youth. Profile of team is similar to Tipp so there may be another All Ireland in them.

Wexford were impressive earlier. They could easily have been 6 or 7 points up in the first half. What was most impressive though was their ability to break tackles. And I think they would have only given themselves a 7 out of 10 in terms of performance. There is more in them. Kilkenny performance was as expected. They worked hard and are impossible to put away. I wasn’t sure how they would go if Reid was held and they were quite anaemic in their forward play. They didn’t really create anything and their defense contributed 5 points to their total. I expect Wexford to end their wait for Bob O Keeffe cup in 2 weeks time.

1 Like

The Carlow game wasn’t the issue for ye. It was today.

Thats class, our lads not happy that your lot wouldn’t agree to moving the game too. Sounds like both teams wanted game changed but neither wanted to give in.

It’s just a pity we werent in a wake cou tylikemunshter where we could have lost all five games and still qualified. :frowning:

We gave options for Friday Monday and today at 5. Apparently ye would have been short numbers for all those. main striker only came down from Dublin airport this afternoon apparently. Made a difference for ye too.

Anyway, got the hurling result we wanted, all good

JJ Delaney gave MOTM to Padraig Walsh.

As they say in Wexford town, will ya go way outta that will ya?

1 Like

JJ has really struggled at the old Punditry recently.

An absolute joke, O’Keefe should have got it regardless of the result he was brilliant.

1 Like

Davy’s post match reaction.

1 Like

what age is keaney? 37ish? He had some stormer

1 Like

36 I think