All-Ireland Hurling Championship 2019***

You go to a game and you see it through you’re own eyes and biases and allegiances so this from a KK point of view.

I thought Wexford were filthy, Davy said he thought the ref had a good game, thought he was poor, to both sides but especially against KK.

The phoney line up, wasn’t surprised as we needed big powerful players to match up against Wexford. But that’s Championship hurling for you so fair enough.

Both teams missed a lot of scores. Wexford didn’t have too many chances on goal apart from the one Lawlor cleared off the line - something for them to work on.

Wexford need to commit more to attack. Someone said earlier that the matched KK, but sure ffs when you have more than half your team between the 45s you’re going to compete!!

KK backs did well but when there was tops two players to mark why wouldn’t you. Walsh got motm? Ffs! I’d have given it to one of Paul Murphy, Hew Lawlor or Conor Brophy. Walsh did well but was marking no-one.

TJ was well marked as was Lee Chin. Mullens did well for a young fella. Wally and Buckley were indeed off the pace but we got a bit of game time into them.

We didn’t deserve to lose, thought we played all the hurling. Galway gone must have Tipp lads rubbing their hands.

Leinster is super competitive this year. But I expect the 3 Munster teams to have far too much for what was on offer this evening.

2 Likes

Wexford were filthy​:grin: kk fans never change
 your all clowns. Kk have been getting away with filth for years. Both teams were at it, you cant say wexford were filthy and kk were saints. But then again kk fans know everything about hurling dont they​:rofl::+1:

1 Like

*you’re

2 Likes

Will ya go way outta that will ya?

PS who’s Conor Brophy?

He’s like Conor Fogarty, only edgier

1 Like

Newstalk and RTE broadcaster now working for Tipperary sponsors Teneo-Paris St. Germain

Keaney will be 37 in September. He was heroic tonight. I thought he was gassed with 20 to go and he got 3pts afterwards. Ger Cunningham dropped him 3 years ago. Me and Ger don’t know shit about hurling.

12 Likes

A remarkably sane interview from Davy. Dare I say almost likeable.

1 Like

The lad with me at the game reckoned he saw Nolan spit at him. If that’s the case it’s a hefty ban.

As a neutral watching it I dont think this is the case at all. Horgan left a lot go but not particularly in either way. The only decision maybe he didnt make was to send off Rory O Connor for the wild pull on Paul Murphy.

Was a lot of big hits in it, much more than youd normally see, and KK weren’t the aggressors, for a change. Maybe thats why it appeared a bit off

2 Likes

Mullen first touch for the goal :heart_eyes:!!! great entertainment last night and really enjoyed the atmosphere in Wexford Park, kind of a pity now we’ll have a Leinster Final in a quarter full HQ.
Very hard physical game. Thought we missed some very easy scores in the second half and just couldn’t get that 2 points clear we needed after Mullen’s goal. Richie Leahy missed 2 or 3 very scoreable ones. Wally, Buckley and particularly James Maher could do with more game time so getting to the Leinster Final is very important for us I think. Credit to the lads who would have came in for criticism last week Paul Murphy and Mullen were excellent and also the much maligned Joey Holden was top class.
We’re really not getting enough scores from our forwards and probably shows we have a few passengers out there. 5 points from the backs and only 3 forwards scoring from play.
Another week and another controversy over the clock, if WX went out there could have been nasty scenes. Why not just have a hooter at these games and be done with it.

Have a bit of that.

I hate to be a tittle tattle but Reid will surely be retrospectively red carded for the fly/sly kick here and miss the Leinster Final. That could have ended a career.

2 Likes

Free in. Charging

7 Likes

Horgan let Wexford away with that all evening, the lads on commentary could barely hide their shock at some of the decisions

1 Like

Horgan just put the whistle away and left them at it. A different ref would see Wexford struggle

2 Likes

Ah here. There’s taking the piss and there’s bias and then then there’s biased taking the piss.

To say Wexfrod were filthy is wrong but to type it with a straight face as a Kilkenny man is worse.

Kilkenny players, mentors and supporters are the ultimate in one armed waiters. They can give it but they absolutely can’t take it back.

4 Likes

All the talk was Galway’s failure to hammer Carlow being what done for them. That’s bollocks. Had they won that game by 14 points they’d still be out this morning. Having 6 points on the board against a misfiring Wexford with a gale behind them after 25 mins is why they are out imo, that and because for whatever reason they just weren’t good enough.

6 Likes

Losing to Dublin was a factor too I reckon

8 Likes

If they’d beaten Carlow by 14 they’d be through on +12?

Edit I see they’d be on +11 same as Dublin. But if they’d won by 15

A throw by Walsh too. Kilkenny managed a couple of outrageous throws last night.