All-Ireland Hurling Championship 2019***

It’s very easy. There should be two teams qualifying. 6 out of 10 teams is a joke. Munster final winners player Leinster losers etc in the all Ireland semi finals. Provincial winners get home advantage or at least nominate the stadium they want to play in if their stadium is a kip.

2 Likes

Also John kiely confirms the reason we had a break week in the Munster championship is because of a concert in pairc ui chaoimh. More favoritism from the gaa towards cork and the championship format was not changed because of what happened tipp last year despite what their fans on here say.

1 Like

For those asking earlier:
Munster final terrace tickets on sale to public from Wednesday. Stand tickets through the club

National League should be scrapped. There’s hardly any need to ape South American domestic Soccer to have two league competitions back to back. Winter competitions like Walsh Cup, Waterford Crystal Cup (or whatever its called now) could serve as provincial championships in February and March. If they’re going League route for Championship 10, 11 or 12 team league, all in together to give 2nd tier Joe McDonagh Cup standard teams a shot at getting up to grade. Top 4 into semi finals.

Get the Club Championships played off by early to mid December and a proper off season from early/mid December to early February. As it is now over last two years with two league competitions back to back, pre season tournaments have been pushed back to December from January/early February and it’s a 12 month, all year round calendar.

3 Likes

Would you kindly go away and buy a bar of soap for yourself.

1 Like

Yeah. We’re not a million miles apart Geoff. If (and it’s a huge if) Limerick happen to win the AI this year or even get to a semi, I think they’ll go back and have a look at it.

A Limerick supporter shouting for the current format to be changed? :laughing:

2 Likes

Fuck off Harry. I don’t mind having a reasonable conversation with someone about it. It’s not like you’d be at any match regardless of what format was in place. Like I said to Geoff, banter aside, it’s nice to have a reasonable discussion about it.
(Cue another shit emoji from you)

4 Likes

Very simple IMO. Provincial championships in February/March. Have two even groups of 6 for the AI Championship. Top 2 in each group go through to AI semi finals.

All the Limerick lads wanting the 3rd place team to be knocked out. Why weren’t they saying this last year I wonder? :thinking:

1 Like

Will they have the balls to cut the chord between the two though.
How would you feel about the old qualifier system where once you were knocked, you went into a qualifier group where I think 3 or 4 matches were played.

How would a tier two cope with 5 very good outfits in 6 weeks, not great I’d say. There would be hammerings by the end.

Are you suggesting like two groups of teams that didn’t reach the provincial decider?

Twould take a few years to bed down alright, but I have no doubt a team like Carlow would hold their own after say 5 years assuming they kept up the work rate

Why would they? Limerick were already qualified when they played their final game last year. It didn’t really matter in terms of the all Ireland what happened. The format is the same for everybody. At the moment there is far too many dead rubbers. Also I’d be alone in thinking it should go to numbers of wins instead of points difference. Wexford only won one game v Carlow. Galway at least won 2 games.

2 Likes

Yeah something like that. I would love to see the provincials separated but I don’t think the lads at the top would go for it

The system will not be changed because a few bitches on the internet are not happy. Now close ye’re beaks go out for a walk.

1 Like

They should copy NFL. for AFC and NFC read Munster and Leinster. The two provincial champions play in the AIF. Cross province games should happen also. The top Munster team in NFC plays top Munster team in NFC and thats an AISF/Munster final. Ditto with Leinster.

The only change to the format I’d make would be to scrap the provinces and have two equal groups of 5 with 3 to progress.

Reducing teams to progress won’t magically make certain teams not shit. It would more likely increase the number of dead rubbers if anything.

This format is better than before but needs teams to be on a similar level to really be exciting.

It would probably help to make it 2 groups of 4. Let the also rans on both provinces paly off for the fourth spot. So for example next year in Munster have Clare and Waterford play off for the fourth spot. In Leinster do the same with Carlow and Galway.