All-Ireland Hurling Championship 2019***

The last time Dublin were dragged down to cork by the GGA for a knock out game things went well .

Did you see that from the TV at home you inbred Maher tipp cunt

Time to put the game console away buddy. They have desensitised you to genuine emotion and human feeling. Plus theyā€™re for teenagers. Laughing at players getting injured isnā€™t very nice now is it?

:smile:

So you are telling me Kiely owned him.

So will Oā€™Hanlon and Nolan be suspended for the final?

Nolan will, Oā€™Hanlon wonā€™t

1 chap only and heā€™s not really one of oursā€¦ Bonner is a daycent skin and If i were to take delight in anyone getting injured on that Tipp team, he wouldnt be one of them. ā€¦ now the other fella that went offā€¦

Only for the Leinster championship this would be a terrible year for hurling

2 Likes

Itā€™s the tag he wears on his ankle gives him awful hamstring problems apparently

If they are going to persist with this silly round robin format, thereā€™s a few changes that really should be looked at. Out of the 20 matches this year, about 15 were played at challenge match tempo, including all 10 in Munster.

If the bottom team gets whitewashed, all results against bottom team should be disregarded if it becomes necessary to use scoring difference to determine who advances.

Three out of five is too many. It leads to dead rubbers on the last day, like weā€™ve had in Munster last two years and the type of scenario where Clare yesterday are relying on a favour from a Limerick side that are not even raising a gallop and are resting some of their best players. Two to advance. Scrap provincial finals. Whoever finishes top of the group is provincial champion or if you are persisting with provincial finals, home advantage in the final to whoever finishes top.

1 Like

Very nasty stuff mate.

1 Like

Champions League format.

Thereā€™s very little wrong with the format, but no format is perfect.

Iā€™d bring in a sixth team to each province to eliminate the bye week for teams, but then youā€™d have some teams only having two home matches and others three, so that isnā€™t perfect either.

Two teams qualifying doesnā€™t make dead rubbers less likely, it probably makes them more likely if anything.

The same format which made for a so-so final round of the Munster Championship made for the most incredible night of the Leinster Championship I can remember. You canā€™t always win. Itā€™s miles better than the previous format anyway imo and with 39,000 turning up in Semple yesterday it ainā€™t gonna change any time soon.

I will say Iā€™m not too sure about the 3rd placed teams going through. Certainly there would have to be something done to improve the status of provincial winners if they want to keep the provincial finals in the current format.

All joking aside Geoff, I agree with you.
As I said last night. The umbilical chord between the provincial and AI championships needs to be broken. I would replace the league with provincials. If you really want to then, let the two winners play off for the league.
AI series, two groups of 6. Let the two finalists in the Joe McDonagh be promoted the first year. After that let the two bottom teams on the AI groups play off to see who goes down with the winners of the McDonagh being promoted to replace them. Top two teams in each group qualify for the AIF. Ensures you donā€™t have teams playing the system

I would think that if you are serious about giving the teams that are coming up from the Joe McDonagh an opportunity to improve and grow the game then they should be given home advantage for all matches. That would mean that all other teams are not at a disadvantage to each other and would get the bets players in the country regularly playing in the smaller counties which will do plenty to help grow interest and crowds.

Maybe the fifth placed team in Leinster gets to toss for home advantage but the 4 established sides in Leisnter and 5 in munster should all be sent down to play the 6th team in the group

9 Likes

Take a hike geoff, no one is interested in your opinion on this. Thereā€™ll be nothing happening the Munster Championship. Donā€™t be upsetting yourself about it.

2 Likes