All-Ireland Hurling Championship 2019***

Not Munsters fault that the Leinster teams are all equally mediocre at the moment.

I personally think that it can lead to situations like you have at the moment. I honestly don’t know whether or not Limerick are playing the system or not, but you have a situation where Tippett Ave gone full throttle and are in the exact same place as Limerick. Galway are gone after 2 wins and Wexford are in a Leinster final after beating just Carlow. It is also possible that the Leinster and Munster champions could conceivably win an AI without having to play any team from the other province

None of that would be changed by the proposals you forwarded besides the last one which is unlikely in any case and hardly matters assuming the stronger teams advance.

Well if you had two groups of say six where the top two in each went into a semi, you’d cut out at least some of the “feigning” Look no system is perfect but there surely has to be a better way than the current system.

Nothing wrong with the current system from a limerick perspective. You’ll get good years and bad years. Big deal.

3 Likes

True

I think the current system is brilliant, I don’t know what ‘feigning’ you’re talking about, which matches were they? Every team tried to win every match in my opinion, the best three teams came out of Munster and Galway deserved to go out as it stood

2 Likes

Maybe so kid. Maybe so.

What about the lesser counties? huh? - you just want to keep it to the same old shite for forever?

I’m getting close to being annoyed, but there is a narrative going around a lot of how hard done by Galway are as “Wexford only beat Carlow”. Why not look at it the other way, Wexford didnt lose a game to any opponent yet people are championing Galway who couldnt beat Wexford on their own patch nor Dublin where Wexford obtained a better result than Galway. The best 3 teams got out, it came down to the last game and Galway knew a win in Dublin would get them through. They lost and are out. It’s fairly simple.

6 Likes

The way to limit dead rubbers in a 2x6 scenario (to the extent possible) is to have meaningful consequences for finishing in each/any position.

Top - Straight into AISF.
Second - AIQF v third in other group.
Third - AIQF v second in other group.
Fourth - Purgatory. Season over.
Fifth - Relegation SF v last in other group.
Sixth - Relegstion SF v fifth in other group.

5 Likes

You’re not allowed make sense around here. Withdraw that post immediately

Fuck Galway.

Fuck Galway.

That’s what Leinster is there for. Done the world of wonder for Galway and Wexford

Leinster is there for the lesser counties

1 Like
  1. top two qualify from each province 2) provincial losers play provincial winners from other provinces 3) all ireland semi finals played in provincial winners home ground 4) if 3 teams are tied it should go to number of wins not scoring difference first 5) bottom teams in each province have to play each other for the relegation

That’s exactly how it is in reality, relegation out of a twelve team competiotion means nothing for nearly all those counties, Cork or Clare are hardly worried about having to play westmeath

Galway hard done by with the scheduling. Carlow were most likely going to give their best performance first day out and ultimately it came down to who scored what against Carlow. If you took the Carlow matches out of it Dublin would have been eliminated.

Tough on Galway as well having two away matches in six days at Nowlan Park and Parnell Park. Dublin has a 13 day rest before Saturday night from their previous match against Carlow.

3 Likes

There is a possibility that a team with 3 losses can still go and win it while a team with one loss was eliminated. Farcical set-up.

1 Like