All-Ireland Hurling Championship 2019***

Good point. So it’s essentially Wexford and Galway getting screwed over with the scheduling, Carlow getting screwed over by getting relegated, despite bottom team in Munster, Waterford having a worst record over the four matches. It’s all loaded in favour of money bags Dublin and the establishment team Kilkenny.

Ye lost to Dublin FFS.

This is remarkably similar to the Kilkenny County Championship structure which I’ve always thought was worth adopting at intercounty level.

You tell me why you’re so sour. The new format is as fair as it can be. Everyone gets a shot. Why you and so many others here so sour about that?

Just like the hurling championship I’m being as fair and balanced as I can be

20 games to eliminate 3 teams essentially. You couldn’t make it up!

2 Likes

Crummy was marking Johnny Glynn all day. Johnny didn’t bother tracking him back. He’s probably tired from all the tracking back and forth from America

Canning was being marked by Tom Connolly. Incidentally the roof nearly lifted off the place when Canning ran on. He trotted out to the Left Half Forward position to mark Tom Connolly. Tom started looking and gesturing towards Greg Kennedy the maor foirne in a “you’re not expecting me to mark this cunt” type manner. Greg responded with a “just get the fuck on with it” gesture.

20 Likes

:smile::smile::smile:

1 Like

4 teams you gowl. Carlow had a shot

How are you, logistically, going to get the Club Championships “played off by early to mid December”? Are you happy to knock out club teams from championship to meet this “early to mid December” schedule? And therefore to leave many clubs idle between July and the following March?

Equally, the Club Championships running beyond Christmas affects 1% of club players (probably fewer, in fact). How do you make out that an initiative not affecting 99% of players is important? Reality: 99% of club players’ off season would be unaffected by this initiative.

1 Like

Super reporting. Feels like I was just beside the interaction. :clap:

1 Like

The format is not perfect but it’s grand to continue it for another year or two and then tweak it. After four matches if you can’t get in the top three you can have no complaints.

The GAA really need to pump money into the Joe McDonagh teams who are actually working hard to improve their lot as opposed to those doing nothing (Offaly)

One issue I’d change is that it should be three points for a win. Winning a match should give a greater reward than only an extra point versus a draw.

1 Like

I’d say you enjoyed Tommy Conlon’s piece yesterday? It was a great read

No you’re not, you’re being sour and now you to change the rules, like the rest of these clueless fools.

It’s a very good system and if you’re good enough, you’ll be able to navigate it. A small bit of adjustment is all that’s required.

Wtf? Is he still doing that? He must be very simple

Offaly seem to complain a lot. I feel sorry for their current bunch of players.

There’ll always be a flaw in the system. Galway could conceivably have won a whole heap of all Irelands by only playing two matches. However, they didn’t manage to win one most years

The rules are fine but anyone who really cares about the game can see the structures are a joke and contribute to make a mockery of everything championship hurling is supposed to stand for

I think we should give Galway direct entry to an All Ireland semi final.

1 Like