All-Ireland Hurling Championship 2019***

Once the quarter finals start and he realizes all he has to look forward to is an oyster festival Iā€™m sure heā€™ll ramp it up a notch

1 Like

Thereā€™s a load of new supermarkets in the offing that need opening. Joe will make a killing this summer

Fellas with a profile would be mad not to have the novelty scissors in the boot of the car the whole time

A visual representation of the big four.

4 Likes

Fixed

I was listening to yere local radio station for the dubs match. The match commentator actually asked his sidekicks in the commentary box if there would be extra time in the event of a draw , asked this with 10 mins to go

1 Like

This is the type of stuff you get with Liam Spratt. Unique in his own way

14 Likes

ā€œI know Liam well. He is a character. He is an awful radio commentator but entertaining. Never knows who just scored or why a femree was given etc. His sister is my pharmacist. She would be texting him during commentary to " let us know the fucking score Liamā€

8 Likes

Nothing as frustrating. I canā€™t remember what game I was listening to a few years ago. 20 minutes listening before the commentator gave the score

1 Like

@Fat_Pox tells a great yarn about Paddy Finnucane and Tom McGrath on Tipp Fm. I couldnā€™t do it justice.

When Paddy had Walty with him, Walty was a great man to give out the times. ā€œ22 minutes and 35 seconds gone Paddyā€. I think he once mixed up the time with the scores though

1 Like

yeah I dont think weā€™d have it any other way. Heā€™d be in the middle of offering his sympathy for someone who died and start screaming a goal for Wexford. Or ā€œits going over, over, over the baaarrrrr! a point for Wexford. Oh no, its wide, the umpire waves it wideā€. The lads with him would be laughing at him half the time.

1 Like

You just have to realise an enthusiastically and definitively welcomed point is more likely to be a wide and a comment about a shot looking to be going wide is usually a point.

2 Likes

as opposed to being unique in the same way as someone else?

That was a message from a buddy of mine in wexford when I whatsapped him the original cartoon.
When I was playing, I was one of those idiots who always thought I was only short the right hurl of being able to play, and the wexford lads were always on about a curmudgeonly lad in wexford, who made the best hurls you could get, but was so grumpy, he wouldnā€™t sell you one if you asked. Anyhow, I met the lad from the above message in Edinburgh at the rubby this year. Iā€™d just had a significant birthday, and we were discussing wexford hurling, and the lads Iā€™d hurled with from new Ross over in manc (nicest lads youā€™d ever meet), and Shane O Hanlon (grumpy fucker). I was explaining how Iā€™d been given all this stuff, when all I really wanted was one of your manā€™s hurls.(im at the airport in kuching, and canā€™t for the life of me remember the hurley lads name, itā€™ll come back to me), anyhow, the conversation passed, and the weekend moved on, when two weeks later, a package came to my door wishing me a belated happy birthday, and it was one of your manā€™s hurls. Iā€™ll never forget it.

10 Likes

Probably Randall?

:+1: :shamrock:
Thatā€™s it. Twas driving me nuts trying to think of it.

Was it the right size though?

It was you know. It is.

1 Like