All-Ireland Hurling Championship 2019***

Shane isnā€™t grumpy.

1 Like

He is when he loses :joy:
I know heā€™s not really.

A county holds its breath. Like all Cairde Loch Garman members Iā€™m nervously waiting for team news and to see if Reck, Ryan and Chin are out as feared.

Ah here I assume thatā€™s a wind up?

Iā€™d say Ryan will be alright but Iā€™d be worried about the other 2. I was in attendance last Sunday when they got injured and it didnā€™t look good.

Lots of talk on the radio this evening about the wide open spaces of croke park v the tighter confines of wexford park.

@Gmanā€™s stats tell us there is a 1m difference in width and a 3m difference in length. Hardly that big of a deal.

1 Like

Also talk that TJ was fouled a lot in Wexford Park. I donā€™t recall any fouls on him.

Reck is hamstrung, is he? What happened the other two?

Yeah Reck was holding his right hamstring. Think Ryan got injured against Kilkenny and wasnā€™t playing in the match. Shoulder I think. Chin pulled up after a solo run and hobbled off. Wasnā€™t moving well at all.

1 Like

Thanks. Youā€™d think Ryan could play with an injection. Reck will presumably be out. Even a minor hamstring strain would be unlikely to come right in a week. Who knows with Chin? Heā€™s a quick healer but hard to predict without knowing exact injury.

Iā€™d say Ryan will be fine. He went in when Chin went off and heā€™s a tough bit of stuff. Iā€™d say Reck definitely most doubtful. Havenā€™t heard anything further about Chinā€™s injury so hopefully heā€™s fine.

Iā€™ve just gotten my Cairde email with the team and Iā€™ve asked them to take back my tickets. :disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

The Limerick Senior Hurling team to play Tipperary in the
Munster Senior Hurling ChampionshipFinal on Sunday has been announced

1. Nicky Quaid (Effin)
  2. Sean Finn (Bruff)
  3. Mike Casey (Na Piarsaigh)
  4. Richie English (Doon)
  5. Diarmaid Byrnes (Patrickswell)
  6. Declan Hannon (Adare)
  7. Dan Morrissey (Ahane)
  8. Cian Lynch (Patrickswell)
  9. William Oā€™Donoghue (Na Piarsaigh)
  10. Gearoid Hegarty (St. Patrickā€™s)
  11. Kyle Hayes (Kildimo/Pallaskenry)
  12. Tom Morrissey (Ahane)
  13. Aaron Gillane (Patrickswell)
  14. Graeme Mulcahy (Kilmallock)
  15. Peter Casey (Na Piarsaigh)
  16. Barry Hennessy (Kilmallock)
  17. Tom Condon (Knockaderry)
  18. Aaron Costello (Kilmallock)
  19. Shane Dowling (Na Piarsaigh)
  20. Seamus Flanagan (Feohanagh/Castlemahon)
  21. Barry Nash (South Liberties)
  22. Darragh Oā€™Donovan (Doon)
  23. Paddy Oā€™Loughlin (Kilmallock)
  24. David Reidy (Dromin-Athlacca)
  25. Colin Ryan (Pallasgreen)
  26. Pat Ryan (Doon)

Management
Manager: John Kiely
Selectors: Paul Kinnerk, & Alan Cunningham
Strength & Conditioning: Joe Oā€™Connor
Coaches: Brian Geary, Timmy Houlihan & Aonghus Oā€™BrieN

Cathal Barrett named to start for Tipp so hamstring mustnā€™t have been too bad.

Pretty much as expected?

Yep only call was Morrissey or O Laughlin

Whatā€™s the team? Iā€™d expect Oā€™ Connor for Dunbar and maybe Shane Reck for Damien Reck if heā€™s not fit.

30,000 going from Wexford and there was only 15,200 at the defining home game in the last round of the round robin.

Donā€™t ever change people.

1 Like

Fanning
Reck (S)
Hanlon
Donohoe
Oā€™Connor (J)
Murphy
Oā€™Keeffe
McGovern
Foley (K)
Dunbar
Morris
McDonald
Casey
Oā€™Connor Ā®
Colfer (S)

1 Like

Pity we are missing Ryan, Chin and Damien Reckā€¦ Iā€™m looking forward to seeing young Colfer playā€¦ saw him play junior b against Kilmore on the back pitch in poulpeasty last year. Fantastic talent, he could turn on a sixth pence.