All-Ireland Hurling Championship 2019***

Sean Moran for the Laois goal and then letting a pass go straight him for a second half Willie Dunphy point. :eek:

2 Likes

For a class hurler was very strange. Like a fella who was sick.

If westmeath can score 20 points against Cork what will Limerick score? :grin:

Thereā€™s surely no better way to gain an insight into the psychology of a camp than to bump into some random punter from the same county.

2 Likes

Just the 61 scores in the cork westmeath game

The greatest game in the world pal.

Ag lads, some reading

Iā€™m baloobas

2 Likes

Congratulations. I donā€™t like you and you do not like me, but Il say this true hats off to Laois. Enjoy

3 Likes

I love you bro

1 Like

If ye can start the manager in the next gameā€¦ Eddie was always good for goals,

Odd it never took off outside tipp

2 Likes

@mickee321

1 Like

Congratulations @myboyblue and all my Leix friends. A delightful addendum to this years championship.

Possibly the biggest shock Iā€™ve witnessed in the championship in my lifetime. Not old enough to remember Antrim over Offaly in 89 or Kerry over Waterford in 93. Nothing else springs to mind in the interim years

Tipp havenā€™t been anything special since 1965 mate.

Is it all that big a shock though? Itā€™s probably just the 9th best team in the country beating the 7th best team or so.

2 Likes

Wouldnā€™t really agree with the sarcasm here. Usually a counties mentality can reflect on the camp or else effect it. Some fairly recent examples in limerick too. Particularly Clare 2013. Weā€™d lost the plot as supporters. Didnā€™t hurl a ball. 2014 people didnā€™t really give us a chance. We go very close to beating Kilkenny. 2018 in Ennis. The whole thing had gone mental and we get the shit bait out of us. Again this year v cork everybody said weā€™d beat cork handy and they hammer us. Even last year from Kilkenny onwards around the county limerick fans were very cautious. The build up was low key. Last week or so things have gone mental again. I have heard at least two people mention a three in a row. It only takes 2 or 3 players to get slightly distracted for it to have a cancer like effect on the team. Iā€™d be deeply concerned for limerick facing cork in an all ireland semi final. Wouldnā€™t be worried against any of the other teams left.

Disagree completely.

Kiely has a huge backroom team around him. They are a very professional set up. The mood of the supporters would no more affect the group than Man Unitedā€™s supporters would affect their players.

If we lose it will be to a better hurling team. Simple as that. Fans have fuck all influence on the outcome. If youā€™re dependent on fans, good or bad, youā€™re at nothing.

8 Likes

Dead right, fans have fuck all difference

Thatā€™s just delusional. Kielys has been involved in 2013, 2018 and 2019 when we totally underperformed for no apparent reason.

1 Like