All-Ireland Hurling Championship 2019***

@GeoffreyBoycott

1 Like

Just heard that Ian Byrne picked up groin injury in training, not sure about Darren Byrne. I heard Chin is on free taking duties. Not sure how I feel about that. We must be the only county without an established freetaker.

1 Like

The free taking situation is very odd.
Article in Irish Times today about David Treacy/free taking and it mentioned Rory O Connor didnā€™t miss any frees against Dublin last year.
The physicality will be off the charts might be as intense as a game a rugby
Be very happy with a 1pt Wexford win

It could develop into an arm wrestle in the trenches.

cc @Ralphie

1 Like

Ah ladsā€¦

1 Like

We must have tried 6 or 7 lads at this stage and none of them can nail down the job. I think Ian Byrne probably the best of them but heā€™s not guaranteed a starting spot when fit.

1 Like

Carlows corner forward Pat Murphy taught me, sound chap, loved his hurling.

1 Like

What age is he?

We have about 6 established free takers. None of them can score frees of courseā€¦

4 Likes

I think Chin, Foley, Fanning, 2 x Oā€™ Connorā€™s, Conor Mac, Kehoe, Morris and Byrne of the current panel have all had a go at the free taking in last few years.

1 Like

I always thought Morris was decent enough from the 40 in & just leave Chin hit the ones from further out.

I think yeā€™ll beat them mate. I think the Dublin hurling renaissance is being overstated

Hows Conor McDonald on the frees? Seeing as we barely use the most naturally gifted hurler we have, surely giving him the frees would take some of the heat off Davy for not building the fucking team around him.

Heā€™d be about the 4th choice freetaker with his club. Not knowing whoā€™s going to be taking them from one game to the next isnā€™t ideal.

calling Geoffrey, who are the parnells outfit referred to in the clubs of some of the Carlow players

He missed a couple of real handy ones against Kilkenny in the park couple of years ago and donā€™t recall him being on them since.

How is he in general? Gone backwards?

Dont really recall him being on anything under Davy other than in loads of space wondering when someone might deign to give him the fucking sliothar.
Iā€™m very pessimistic about this year. The sooner Davy fucks off the better.

I thought Rory Oā€™Connor is a decent freetaker?

How would we know? He never gets on the ball because we actively try to take him out of the game.