All Ireland Hurling Championship 2022

I enjoyed the finals of 2009 and 2010 hugely. Great occasions.

1 Like

Cc @flattythehurdler this is what your dealing withā€¦ New money no class

3 Likes

Thereā€™s definitely an element that they thought all they had to do was turn up yesterday. Human nature that you get complacent, a bit of hubris too. Keep an eye on the warm up in the final and report back Dan

1 Like

Youā€™re the one that brought it up!

No one with at least half a brain expected it to be easy yesterday.

1 Like
1 Like

Before the game preferably

I rest my case

2 Likes

The klaxon has sounded

1 Like

I havenā€™t the energy to

Strange reaction from the Limerick folk to yesterday.

A real joylessness has crept in.

2 Likes

I expected a solid Galway performance but expected weā€™d fall short. We were alot closer than I expected and a stronger bench might have swung it.

Youā€™d like to think that Henry will source the players to fill the gaps.

A few key thingsā€¦ Conor Cooneys free driven into the goalies hands. Evan Nilands chance at the end. Cathal Mannion not winning a free after multiple assaults was a big momentum shifterā€¦ But ultimately I think Limerick would have found a way.

14 Likes

Galway managed to humiliate the Limerickā€™s yesterday without beating them.

You can sense the Limerickā€™s are embarrassed by it all.

Thatā€™d be my take on it exactly.

Itā€™s hard to know if this is a sign of a solid improvement in Galway or just one of those random Galway performances that tends to happen every now and then. They were stone useless in the Leinster final and very poor against a shite Cork team.

Theyā€™ve a ton of recent minors that should be starting to come through, though Iā€™m not sure if theyā€™ve made as much of an impact as they were expecting at u20 level. Yet anyway

Absolutely mortified to be going to yet another All Ireland final tbh

Taggy Fogerty played that role for years. Back when Limerick were a shit to average team.

Yesterday reminded me a little of Tipperary vs Dublin in 2011.

I think most Tipp people would admit we were out of the zip and embarrassed to get over the line that day.

An embarrassment of riches

What were you doing in Croker yesterday anyway mate, why werenā€™t you down supporting your minors?

17 Likes