All Ireland Hurling Championship 2022

To our Galway brethren @Lazarus @flattythehurdler @KinvarasPassion Genuine commiserations. Iā€™m on record as saying that South Galway lads are the soundest men on the planet, Iā€™ve many friends there. Salt of the fucking earth people, you couldnā€™t meet madder, tougher or nicer people. Yeā€™re boys were outstanding today, bullshit aside we probably share more in common as hurling people than most. Iā€™ve the absolute utmost respect for ye.

Ah fuck it Iā€™m lagers here but just wanted to say that, and I mean it. I fucking love Galway people.

Fuck Tipp

25 Likes

Fair play mate. And yes yes we are.

1 Like

You told me to ho back to the EPL. You racist Gslway snob. No offence meant

Galway folk are the finest. The cunts.

1 Like

Sure look at the glorious place they live in, remarkable they can rise themselves to even play sport

People of Galwayā€¦

A crusty came up to me this evening in Mulligans and thought I was the Porter Laureate himself I was unsure whether to be insulted or delightedšŸ¤£

4 Likes

I have to say, going to matches as a neutral is very enjoyable. Enjoy a few pints in the Croke Park hotel and tip away in and watch a great contest. None of the nerves and the frustrations you feel following your own. We were sat behind Shefflin, the passion and the drive was rising off him. Some may say that mania can spread to the team but it was pumping up the players in my opinion. I thought himself and Kinnerk were going to come to blows at one point. What is the point of the yellow to management teams?

Galway know what they have now. Eanna Murphy has improved a show this year. Joe Cooney is an excellent player. They surely had someone better than Jason Flynn to come on.

5 Likes

South Galway is Godā€™s Country. Ardrahan. Gort. Peterswell. The best of people.

1 Like

How did u reach that high? Did you have a step ladder?

One of the most amazing things about Limerick is it was 13 of the 15 from 2018 starting today and Peter Casey could have been starting in 2018 if it wasnā€™t for injury. David Reidy has been on the go since 2013. Itā€™s a tiny group who have played the staring roles but immense credit must go the coaches and the panel for keeping things ticking in training. Very unusual.

Whelans in Shanaglish is one of the best pubs in Ireland. Some history around those parts.

1 Like

When we were shit and I was living in Dublin myself and a few more used to go to the hurling final every year.
It was always a great day out. Get to enjoy the atmosphere without having any skin in the game.
I didnā€™t enjoy a fucking minute of that today, all I felt at the final whistle was relief :joy:

13 Likes

:muscle:

Keep the first weekend in December free for the Nogra Christmas do e-pal

Ah I loved the way he sings this oneā€¦ This means more

Limerick remind me of the Dublin team, in that their conditioning and power is unreal, as is their selflessness and teamwork. They are prepared ultimately well, with Gavin and Kinnerk drawing up gameplans. Limerick are direct at least and good to watch. Dublin were so efficient they were just boring at the end. Iā€™m not sure kiely isnā€™t just a patsy for a camera shy Kinnerk but he did hit on one good point in his post match, that the players had bought in and werenā€™t causing hassle islf they werenā€™t starting. Whoā€™s responsible for that mindset change I wonder.

Kilkenny will relish clogging the middle better than we were able to but Kilkenny are young and raw, everything went right in the first half yesterday but thereā€™s just no way theyā€™ll get that easy ride again and why they wonā€™t panic they might not be up to the pace either as they wonā€™t have faced it really.

Limerick on the other hand might talk about settling scores but a few times this year there are minor cracks emerging. These unbeatable teams often die fast. They wonā€™t yet but arenā€™t immortal. Their calmness on the ball is outstanding, but Iā€™d say Caroline Currid will earn overtime this month reassuring them. While they are a great team, they are a small way off being considered the greatest ever yet anyway and thatā€™s not a dig.

4 Likes

Calm down and try typing slowly.
Your carry on ā€œthanks for the practice gameā€ was the kind of petty triumphalism youā€™d see on the average EPL terrace or in some shithole pub called the lord nelson down an alley in East London. Anyhow.

3 Likes

A small thing maybe. I sat right in line with Limerick warm up yday and at the final last year. Iā€™d never seen anything as slick before last yearā€™s final. The first touch, the focus, the effeciency. Barely a ball miscontrolled.

Yesterday they looked like a normal team doing the warm up. Same drills but touch looked well off where they were in Sept. Didnā€™t look half as tuned in

4 Likes

Wait did cork shit the bed that day? Send home with yer tails between your legs after Pat Simon.

No need for anymore cork talk

I enjoyed the finals of 2009 and 2010 hugely. Great occasions.

1 Like