All Ireland Hurling Championship 2022

He must have believed that Sham Flan really is a robot and was trying to discombobulate him

3 Likes

Good One Reaction GIF

For brass neck alone Hayes deserves to get off.

The Harry Maguire of hurling

1 Like

Was it not stated some time back that Croker needed at least 30000 attendance to be a viable opening??

Was Duggan suspended for the O’Donoghue incident or the Finn one?

Finn surely?

Thinly veiled: “We would have gotten away with it if it wasn’t for those pesky vids.”

There’s a mail circulating with a list of Clare whinges :smiley:

The O’Donoghue one. I can see him getting off.

Hayes one looks open and shut. Strike with the hurley. The GAA needs to bring in a ‘frivolous appeal’ rule - if you appeal it and lose, the option is there to increase the ban. It’s definitely there for other sports.

5 Likes

There wasn’t much in the punch. It was like Jamie Barron’s slap last year.

1 Like

It was, lots of times. But that doesn’t make it true.

1 Like

Yeah, I think the camera work slightly obscures WOD so there’s enough wiggle room to maybe clear Duggan. I don’t think it actually shows contact being made, just a swinging arm motion from Duggan. The incident with Finn looked a lot worse.

The Galway fella and Hayes look bang to rights though.

The list of perceived grievances is hilarious. Every county could produce such a list over the years and many of those on the list were of their own making.

I still think the worst shafting I ever saw was the Louth-Meath Leinster Final.

1 Like

The GAA has never really left behind the idea of a curtain raiser game - in the old days it was a minor game.

Stand alone games in Croke Park are associated with crowd congestion as nobody arrives til last moment.

100 percent.

2 Likes

Makes sense, would be very difficult to sell premium and corporate packages if it doesn’t get the games.

Herding 4 counties into Thurles of a Saturday afternoon is far more Bizarre.

1 Like

I run my clubs social media, we’re selling tickets to club members only. You’d get non club members (including a young lad from Clare for some reason?) Messaging the page looking for to buy tickets. I’d feel sorry for them, only for the fact there’ll definitely be tickets for sale come Friday, I’ve no doubt about that.

1 Like

He’ll probably off and then get sent off in the first five minutes.

You would probably get a bigger crowd from Cork and Galway at 5:30 sunday evening than you will at 1:45 on Saturday.

1 Like