All Ireland Hurling Championship 2022

I.e, we are unbeaten in the Championship without 2 of the best players in Ireland

1 Like

A team in “serious decline” would not be Munster Champions.

I remember exactly where I was sitting but can remember pretty much nothing of any of the games.

O’Donoghue likely out for Saturday with Kingston/Downey doubtful as well.

Bitta good news for Cork at last

6 Likes

Who would you replace him with?

Cathalane or Milerick maybe. Not natural full backs but Downey is a disaster.

Or else play the three corner backs

Cahalane will be half-back and Millerick will be eaten alive by Whelan.

7 Likes

I heard Des Cahill say on Saturday that Croke Park was only open to please the Croke Park premium crowd. Fuck me like, that’s the way the gah’s gone.

Huge losses if true, O’Donoghue has been fantastic, Kingston has game changing ability, Downey won’t be easily replaced despite the snideness

1 Like

That’s it for sure. Have you seen the prices for a three year ticket? Won’t sell them with 6 games.

1 Like

Give Whelan decent ball and he’ll eat anyone alive.

2 Likes

From The Indo.

Galway forward Cianan Fahy and Clare duo Rory Hayes and Peter Duggan have opted not to accept proposed suspensions and will have hearings this week, expected to take place tomorrow night.

Fahy is challenging a proposed two-match ban for an alleged stamping offence in the Leinster hurling final, Hayes and Duggan are seeking to avoid a one-match ban that would put them out of their All-Ireland quarter-final against Wexford on Saturday for incidents they were involved in during that epic Munster hurling final.

The incidents involving all three were missed by the respective referees, prompting the GAA’s Central Competitions Controls Committee (CCCC) to investigate.

There is anger in Clare particularly that ‘The Sunday Game’ highlighted the incidents on its highlights show.

Meanwhile, all four All-Ireland SFC quarter-finals have been fixed for Croke Park on the weekend after next, despite concern over accommodation and rising fuel costs that impact on travel and attendance.

There were just 16,425 in attendance for last Saturday’s qualifier double bill in Croke Park, even though Mayo and Kildare were involved.

It is understood that tentative discussions were had to explore if Dublin and Cork would enter a ‘home and away’ agreement, with Páirc Ui Chaoimh hosting their All-Ireland quarter-final.

However, agreement could not be reached as Parnell Park is considered Dublin’s home venue and consequently would be deemed unsuitable for a championship match involving Dublin.

The match will go ahead at 6.0pm on Saturday, June 25, preceded by Derry and Clare at 3.45pm. Kerry and Mayo have been fixed for Sunday, June 26 at 4pm, with Galway and Armagh on the same day at 1.45pm.

Duggan’s hearing will just be him shaking his head and waving his arms in the air pleading his innocence.

3 Likes

Hope the Clare lads get off but I’d love to be a fly on the wall to hear Rory Hayes explain away his ‘cattle flaking with a length of wavin’ stroke on Flanagan… :rofl:

I can’t see him getting off. Duggan might.

In a sport with a proper disciplinary system there’s no way any of them could get off

1 Like

He was only swatting a fly on Flanagans back. Sure Sham Flan didn’t even feel it

One version has it that Hayes hit down on the GPS unit