All Ireland Hurling Championship 2022

It really, really is. Ive long said how bad the whole set up is. You can appeal a decision and then the tumeline will let you play the next game but be suspended afterwards. Or be totally guilty and appeal and appeal and waste time and delay it just yet get the same suspension. There is no reason to never appeal a red card or suspension.

In this case, both incidents in the Clare game were no worse than other cases in games this year. So im not sure why they became the ones who copped the post game suspension that others didnt. Fahy absolutely should have been sent off and suspended. No issue with the Clare ones avoiding suspension. If they got sent off during the game they could have no complaints, but theyd also have been unlucky enough too.

I fully expected Duggan to get off. Hayes is a surprise… What was given as way of arriving at the decision? Did Fahy get off also? Hardly!

They were cleared because the Zoom call didn’t have a pin code

1 Like

1 Like

Keep up. I exclusively revealed the basis of the decision about 20 minutes ago.

You were led by the hand to the rules today but you prefer to ignore them.

Where did you get this?

Can they follow through with the suspensions with an ‘official meeting’? Or is that done now.

That’s an absolutely ridiculous suggestion it has to be independent.

3 Likes

I believe a County Board has to have 72 hours notice for an official meeting or something along those lines

The Rory Hayes one was no worse than anything else that’s happened in any other game? Honestly?

4 Likes

I have waited all my life for a Clare player to get off on such a ludicrous technicality

Have we any statement from the clergy on this?

You wouldn’t know whether to laugh or cry… The GAA :rofl:

Phelim pulling strings from the far side :clap::clap::clap:

Hon ta fuck.

6 Likes

They’re to vague. Need to more specific and updated. In their current guise they’re not fit for purpose.

Why? I/C players know the context as to how and why they were struck. It is a warrior sport and players often give as good as they take.

What exactly are we looking for here, are we looking to eliminate/punish serious/over the top foul play and dangerous play or for every incident to be viewed by the letter of the law after the fact where context does not apply and have multiple suspensions every year based off someone’s perception of a replay.

Like I said the best way to know if a strike was deserving of punishment after the fact is to ask the player on the receiving end of it.

What if the player receiving collapses in a heap despite there being no contact?

3 Likes

How would Rory Hayes have been unlucky to be sent off? You can’t be serious.

2 Likes

Tis done now lads. Saddle up for Saturday.

You should have got Phelim and the Galway County Board on the job for Colin Lynch back in 1998.

This all raises serious question marks over the quality of administrators and rulebook expertise in County Clare.

1 Like