All Ireland Hurling Championship 2022

No but that shouldn’t be on him 100% either. A review process, explicitly detailed in the rule book with roles and timelines, would have lads thinking twice about swinging their hurl anywhere the sliotar isn’t.

The GAA can be tremendous fun sometimes.

Soap Opera cc @Cheasty

Hego to the rescue. You are welcome @theclares

1 Like

No excuses now @Big_Dan_Campbell & @Raylan

Throw the ball in.

I genuinely thought John Keenan did a great job. I was minded to fire him a complimentary tweet post game until I clicked into his profile and saw he’s a murderpool fan.

5 Likes

John Keenan did just fine. few mistakes alright but look he did a good overall

Will O’Donoghue is now going to forgoe the facade and take to the field in the AISF with a mace

4 Likes

Fairly pathetic if the CCCC are unable to implement their own rules.

I think a fairer way to do it would be for management of either side to have 24 hours after the game to notify the referees that they would like him to reviews an incident or incidents in a game which were missed or went unpunished.

When the administrators/powers that be do it like in this scenario I think it is putting too much pressure on the ref - almost as if to say we weren’t happy with your performance and if you don’t toe the line you won’t get another game.

Granted you may well have teams asking for things to be reviewed based on pettiness and sour grapes but the players have a decent enough grasp of what is acceptable/deserved on a pitch and I think things which are either complete petulance or completely unnecessary will be reviewed and caught in the main.

Wexford probably need to recall a few lads like Sack Walsh and Ger Cushe and your Liam Dunnes

Mattie Forde.

1 Like

I’d say poor John Keenan was afraid to send off anyone in the Munster Final after the way his name trashed and the right of a Wicklow man to referee a big game was questioned when he sent off Peter Casey in last years semi final.

1 Like

Wexford will do it for Davy lads.

1 Like

Fixed that for you

1 Like

That would cause some biterness between teams. I’m in.

Dickie Murphy reffing the curtain raiser between Cork and Galway.

1 Like

Speaking of Sack Walsh and Ger Cushe, in my very young days starting out in adult hurling, I was marked by a veteran Willie Murphy in a challenge match in what was possibly Willie’s last year of hurling. Willie didn’t take any prisoners.

2 Likes

I think teams would be very wary of using it unless there were very dirty or petulant strokes borne out of frustration.

As anyone who has played at adult level will tell you, you know full well whether the belts you give or take are deserved or not.

1 Like

John Denton on hawkeye.

1 Like

Hego looked after ye in fairness.

Very sporting from him.