All Ireland Hurling Championship 2022

:joy::joy::joy:

I’ve often commented on how the AFL should be the template for the disciplinary set up. First main thing is acceptance of the charge, or if you appeal, you run the risk of increasing the suspension.

3 Likes

And the two people who liked my post on the AFL Tribunal? @glasagusban and @flattythehurdler

Fitzy the Peacemaker they call me.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be boasting about that in fairness :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Iirc, it was brought into the AFL because there was no sending off offence. It apparently worked very well, but iirc, it involved/s the entire match tape being looked at.
Retrospective bans were then applied, and it stopped most of the thuggery straight away.

Flatty doesn’t know whether he’s coming or going.

@glasagusban is so wilfully dim that he can’t or won’t see the difference between a routine independent review, and TSG highlights.

Sure this was being said in the 1990s. And let’s hope it’s still being talked about in the 2050s.

The simple fact is the people do not want it. They want farce, chaos and absurdity.

Because otherwise there would be little left to talk about.

Disciplinary farce is one aspect of the GAA which must always be preserved.

1 Like

I would assume that online meetings were acceptable whilst the emergency covid powers were in place.

1 Like

This fella is hardly serious is he?!

In other news, John Keenan was invited to attend a referee review meeting by his superiors to review his performance in the MSHF. He was heavily criticised and doesn’t expect to be reffing any more games in the AI series.
Personally, I think this is a shame and we’ll be looking at the likes of this Owens gimp destroying good games of hurling for the remainder of the year.

3 Likes

Again, this is what I said earlier. You will never have a fully functioning disciplinary system as long as fellas are willing to find ways around it. Nothing will ever be watertight.

Tipp are still reigning champions from 2019 on a technicality.

A disgrace, if true. Keenan is one of the most improved hurling referees in recent years. He’s one of a very select few you could trust with any type of game.

Where did you come across that?

The Limerick boys are nervous.

1 Like

The great Joe Canning will be on the RTE panel on Saturday, alongside Davy and Anna Geary.

3 Likes

it kind of does, but mainly it is focused on the umpires report. So just say in a game that a player lamps another one, the referee clearly states he is being reported so that goes straight to the disciplinary hearing after. And it may or may not get thrown out, but all reports during the game get looked at. Then they also look at any incident missed. But the set up of the hearing being set for being fully dealt with in terms of hearings and appeals is done and dusted within a couple of days. There are multitudes of lawyers and loopholes still, but it works far better than here.

But as cheasty says, you need a bit of bullshit to talk about, so we’ll have our own crap going on for years.

I actually know someone on the CCCC in Wexford and the stories you’d hear after lads had been in for their hearing. The biggest issue they have is the opponent coming in and saying it was handbags or whatever, and you have the video of the lad being lamped.

1 Like

Advantage Limerick.

And they still haven’t managed to successfully defend it