All Ireland Hurling Championship 2022

The supporters at work who have recently transferred from Munster Rugby are flabbergasted at how the players got off.

4 Likes

At a match in Wicklow last night.

1 Like

If thatā€™s true you can look forward to the likes of Johnny Murphy destroying matches for the rest of the summer.

1 Like

Unfortunately. I think Keenanā€™s handling of the Munster Final was one of the great refereeing performances of modern times. Maybe the court of public opinion might sway action in his favour.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s a lot to be said for removing the GAA from hurling completely, they are hell bent on making a bollix of it. A breakaway group similar to LIV headed by the big house would put the cat amongst the pidgeons

10 Likes

Wonder will he go the way of Cathal McAllister who liked to let things flow and not over complicate matters. I donā€™t think he was ever held in the same regard by HQ after the Kilkenny Tipp semi final in 2012 where he let too much go.

Think he was dropped the following year

I was brought before a CCC type committee once, when my part in an incident was completely over stated in the referees report.

After 15 mins back and forth one of the committee members contradicted something Iā€™d said by declaring heā€™d been at the match and saw what happened.

I replied if heā€™d seen the incident he must have known it wasnā€™t me. He replied ā€œah ya i know thatā€ and they threw out the case.

5 Likes

Spot on. We need to find some proper hurling men to govern hurling. Has to be a few of them within the GAA.

Davy could be the man

He was doing the line for the camgoie the day of the Munster final

Ollie Baker maybe

Yeah he still does provincial club matches. I always liked his style as he facilitated open games of hurling.

Think Kilkenny were very aggrieved with his handling of the 2012 match. Paudi Maher was on the rampage throughout which was somewhat out of character and got away with a lot

Refereeing at any level is tough but at intercounty itā€™s becoming almost impossible. The fitness and conditioning of players is increasing all the time, one person overseeing 75+ minutes of a ferocious contest with loads going on off the ball as well as on it is a thankless task.

Disappointing if Keenan got hauled in for overseeing a classic, how they can reward Colm Lyons for his display in Ennis a few weeks back with a high profile quarter final is beyond me, though.

2 Likes

Their lads got off scot free and the Clare GAA Chairman still canā€™t help whingeing about Flanagan, they just canā€™t stop :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

True but people have been saying that for 30 years and thereā€™s been no serious proposal to change it

Sure Hegarty nearly killed someone in the crowd

He should be in jail.

Ah stop will ya. McAllister was just incompetent, woefully inconsistent.

2 Likes

He should be up in court.

Ah they cant all be.