All Ireland Hurling Championship 2022

Cork could definitely still win this because they are creating chances. If Galway donā€™t up it a lot, Cork could create the same chances and surely, surely canā€™t miss as many.

1 Like

Davy must have got the jacket off of Showaddywaddy.

2 Likes

Very poor standard. Possibly the nerves are at them.

Cork look like they are capable of opening us up and their defence has us figured out.

Thatā€™d be my take on it. Galway are only ahead in the race because cork fell over whilst Galway are plodding along. We are really pretty poor. Galway look really flat yet again. They need a total sweep out of the conditioning team.

In a weird way it reminds me of the 2015 quarter-final between these teams except in reverse. Galway were miles superior in that game but Cork threatened to drag them down to their level and Cork were only two or three points down after about 50-55 minutes. Then the dam broke and Galway ran all over them for the last 15-20 minutes.

The half time reset hopefully settles them both. A game might break out yet.

Galway are not at all superior here

1 Like

Iā€™d take the same again tbh

1 Like

SON is awaiting your apology

2 Likes

Limerick are amazingly lucky to have such a good team in a period when all other teams are utter shit, Klare being the current exception.

Hoggy and Jacko on for Kingston and Lehane surely

Thankfully for him this time he wonā€™t have to relive this game

1 Like

I like Cathal Mannion and think he has shown good composure on the ball out around the middle but struggled to win 50/50s inside.

Joseph Cooney may as well not have been playing until he got his score, he was anonymous. Conor Cooney similar, and is running a risk of a red card now. Fintan Burke is doing quite well tbf to him. Glennon & Monahan are doing okay but maybe overdoing it at times. Galwayā€™s ball in remains poor, although Corkā€™s isnā€™t much better.

Connolly started well, out in front of his man but the missed goal chance might have dented his confidence. Had so much time, he took it from a bad angle, made it so easy for Murphy. Thought Tim started poorly but he did create a goal chance and has got a few tackles in. Lehane anonymous, Harnedy anonymous, Oā€™Flynn has been decent. Fitzgibbon very poor, Meade did well early on. Joyce Corkā€™s best player.

3 Likes

Sticking with my more improvement to find cliche from the other thread, surely Cork wonā€™t completely dominate the second half and Galway must up it a good bit. With a 5-point lead that could be a 5/6 point deficit based on the balance of play, surely Galway should win this. Thereā€™s also a big mental test for a Cork side that have been criticised heavily for being flaky and not producing under pressure. A lot has gone terribly wrong for them, but can they push through it and deliver now?

Cork have to spring Horgan. Itā€™s shit or bust the pot.

Both teams are so short of confidence

Iā€™m sure heā€™s consoled himself in Sandy Lane.

Cork have never been afraid of a good comeback against Galway.

We should be like rabid dogs on them.

Horgan in for Lehane.