All Ireland Hurling Championship 2022

Played shite apart from a 10 minute burst to win it, canā€™t complain

2 Likes

Never mind the ref. Clare got their momentum and we couldnā€™t deal with it.
SOD when they needed him was brilliant.

Good luck Clare. I really like this team and I hope they go on to great things.

13 Likes

Shane O Donnell won an amount of ball in the last 15 mins and used it really well. Heā€™s a great bit of stuff

2 Likes

Clare v Galway is the Final the people want to see

4 Likes

Congrats @Big_Dan_Campbell @Raylan @Tassotti @Special_Olympiakos and any other banjo players. The best man marker in the country had Tony Kelly in his pocket.

We just donā€™t have the killer instinct needed

5 Likes

ROC was a massive loss too.

That really pissed me off. 6 points up, you make your own luck and control what you can. Its rare Iā€™d be down on refs, but fuck Lyons. He rode us fucking sideways. Once we went 6 up he gave Clare any little contact and gave us nothing when there were frees. The most blatant black card incident and he doesnt give it. Prick. I dont even think we played well, but that was a game thrown away.

13 Likes

Next year bud, we have to take down the big House, the hurling Public demand it, we underestimated Wexford today

1 Like

The black card is probably over penal but has been ignored all year. That was as blatant as it comes tbf.

SOD mugged him off for a few frees.

1 Like

Well played @mac

1 Like

Wexford got addicted to the long ball. Thought it would win them the game after the goals. So did I. But they hit away a heap of ball in the last 15 mins and gave us a way back.

1 Like

Lads Wexford are shit and continually make the same mistakes. It will be a Limerick Vs Clare final and we will give them the mother and father of a hiding which will scar the cunts for years.

6 Likes

Awful hames made for Shanagherā€™s goal. Clare had built up small bit of momentum but you canā€™t gift them a goal there. Just made it an avalanche.

We couldnā€™t but a free in their half and still should have won it. Inexperienced lads did brain dead stuff going down the stretch.

Defence was immense. I had myself on the road to Croker to beat Kilkenny in a semi-final already.

Clare not as good as I thought. Maybe Limerick arenā€™t either.

Take a nap.

4 Likes

Very similar to 2019 as others have said. Whether it was panic, overdoing a tactic that had been profitable or not having anything left in the tank, we just started booming the ball away late on. Did Damo Reck go off injured? My son burned his hand on the oven so I missed a bit and suddenly Shane Oā€™Donnell was in the game for the first time when I came back and Iā€™ve no idea where Reck went. I started to fear the worst at 3-12 to 0-15 when Dee Oā€™Keeffe let a ball through his legs and they scored and then Oā€™Donnell was given a pointed free for raising his hands up and stopping. Shitty things that should have been prevented. If we could have held it at 6 or pushed it out, it could have been done but it was down to 4ā€¦and then 3, 2, 1. Same feeling as 2019 alright. Maybe I too was lacking the conviction and belief required. I thought Matt Oā€™Hanlon was outstanding for us but we didnā€™t have enough scoring threat without ROC. Our second half goals hardly came from well constructed moves but, when given those gifts, you need to accept them and drive on. But Fanning returned the favour to them. Iā€™ve said it before, but he has that in his game and it comes out too often. But fair play to Clare for digging it out, great character to turn it around. Itā€™s not fun rolling over for them every year in the championship though.

18 Likes

All of a muchness really.

Limerick would bate the pick of the 4 teams on show today.

Hard luck today mate

The Limerick subs would bate the pick of them

1 Like

Reck went off alright, donā€™t know if injured.