All Ireland Hurling Championship 2022

Tom Dempsey and Wexford supporters have every right to feel hard done by. Just watching it back there last night, it did seem that Colm Lyons was very reticent to penalise the lawyered up and litigious Clare team. Liam Spratt on the commentary on South East radio mentioned that the free count was close to 2 to 1 in Clare’s favour.

Bottom line, that was a stonewall penalty for Lee Chin on the 70 minute mark, which Cian Nolan should have got a black card for. Goal for Wexford there and facing 14 men, Wexford win.

4 Likes

Wexford players were well inside the square for goals two and three. Nobody appears to want to make reference to the fact that both should have been disallowed. Very different complexion on the game then. Wexford gor 17 scores in close to 80 minutes hurling, that was their primary issue. Stop fucking about with sweepers and listening to snakeoil salesmen like Davy and Wexford will be far better off.

Goal 2 Chin was dragged down from behind into the square :rofl::rofl:…no one wants wants to reference that.

4 Likes

Did Duignan not pick up on it? The Wexford/Offaly/Kilkenny lads are usually thick as thieves.

Duignan bats for the big house now.

In fairness to Denis i dont think thats sour grapes. Cork fucked it away with missed chances and shit goalkeeping. Most of the Galway posters here said as much.

2 Likes

Cork had no luck either, but I’m not really sure they earned any. He was right, it was a strange game. Galway were much more competitive in a second half they lost by four points.

We do be awful sorry for the carkies.

How do the Carkies classify yesterday? I believe that previously they’d never lost to Galway when they had a good team. Does that record still stand after a game that Cork effectively fucked away?

1 Like

Actual results have little to no bearing on the Cark perspective

5 Likes

I think your man Tackies had some manner of formula to work out the permutations, which favoured Cark overall somehow.

Wexford leathering the ball long for the last twenty minutes also hurt them on this front. Drawing handy frees in that stage of a game is crucial. O’Donnell got a few of them out of carrying the ball into tackles. But Wexford almost entirely stopped running the ball going down the stretch meaning those frees weren’t going to be won. Would have been worth bringing out Chin for that reason alone.

From watching it fairly close to pitch level yesterday Clare fairly ate Wexford in the tackle for the most part, was a big of the reason they ran out of legs and I suspect partly why they were going long coupled with the two quick fire goals they got from direct ball.

2 Likes

Chin injured in the first half. Did well to stay on at all

If we’d somehow won we would’ve been down Rory and Chin for semi final

What was the nature of the Rory O’Connor injury?

Knee ligaments.

A few pissed off club managers around today

Like I could name 11 Wexford starters I’d rather get injured in the first quarter other than Rory and Lee Chin.

1 Like

Isnt Chin’s knee in a bad way and he was doing well to play at all this year?

Knee Cartilage is a bastard of an injury.

Muller?

Apparently so.