All Ireland Hurling Championship 2022

Duignan hates Wexford. He’s in love with Kilkenny, Galway and Tipp.

Wexford are a year or two behind Clare. It’s good to see them being a serious team again. I’d have them ahead of Tipp and Cork at this point

Is it suspected cruciate? There was no messing around in taking him off anyway. I presume the physio/doctor did that bendy knee extension test/check thing and called it straightaway? I was wondering last night why Chin wasn’t moved in and out like against Kilkenny but have seen a couple of references to him being injured. Did he tweak his dodgy hamstring again or what?

I thought it was ACL immediately.

Any word on Gearoid McInerney’s injury?

Looked a bad one too.

Don’t know.

Bad enough -will miss club season at least.

Chin - hamstring as far as I know.

I’ve only torn my leg hamstring

7 Likes

Might be no harm.

1 Like

‘unconcious bias’ :smile:

That bendy knee thing is as crude a test as you’ll get. If that test is positive, it doesn’t look well (if negative it doesn’t mean well either necessarily)
Pain / shock is the most reliable though.

1 Like

They struggle for scores, they play McDonald as full forward and he offers nothing on the scoreboard. He needs to do more. I like their defenders but they make bad decisions when the pressure comes on them.

He needs other dangermen around him. One of the reasons the Limerick forwards are so dangerous is that they are all indivually good.

McDonald needs to do way more. Whatever about needing other players around him or whatever, but he is always peripheral to the play. @Bandage summed it up in a league game against Clare last year where he called for him to be taken off and then Mac scores an outrageous point. He is capable of great things, but he’ll only do it a couple of times. I had thought he was turning a corner this year but latter part of championship and he has reverted to type. A definitly talented hurler, but is far too inconsistent and doesnt do enough.

5 Likes

It’ll take him another 12 months to recover from Davy

Was down in the Rathgarogue Cushinstown pitch this morning for an under 6 blitz. Serious set up they have there.

Would he offer more at 11?

No. Not in my opinion anyway. He is a good target man but his only instinct is to shoot. I’m sure he has, but i cant recall him making many assists. Even yesterday in the first few moments, got a ball out wide on the left, and instead of passing, he tried a stupid speculative shot that got blocked. I dont think henhas enough speed or works hard enough to be a centre forward. Davy played him on the wing a bit and he did fuck all there too.

For a guy that looked really good at 18/19 and in his early days m, he just hasn’t evolved at all. 5 years of Davy ball didn’t do a whole lot for him either it has to be said.

If he doesn’t have enough speed for centre-forward, I can’t see how he would have enough for full-forward. If you don’t have serious mobility inside, you’re severely restricted in an attacking sense.

He made a very good assist at one point yesterday with a clever handpass after winning a ball and should have had another but for an awful miss from someone

1 Like