All Ireland Hurling Championship 2022

The final was engrossing in its own way too. A far better final than any of the subsequent 3.

2 Likes

Focus? Sure you aren’t playing. There’s a game you watch and then the next day there is another game you watch

1 Like

Smart arse. Analysis, discussion, media attention, general talk. Hurling only gets so much space in the national consciousness. If the matches are on over two weekends instead of one then each gets twice as much coverage in the week ahead. It’s about showcasing the sport too, getting it more attention and keeping it prominent for longer.

1 Like

That weekend is still being hailed as one of the best ever.

Making the bold prediction that Tipp won’t get out of Munster this year.

Limerick will beat the bollox off everyone… again.

I just hope we can get a decent game outside of our training sessions.

And if ye think we’re bad now, wait until we do the 3 in a row. We’ll run cunts off the forum we’ll sicken them so much.

6 Likes

Any of 4 teams might not get out of Munster although I think Waterford might be ok assuming they pull together .

Tipp still have big skill levels but athleticism a huge problem

The standard outside of Limerick is overall poor

That was purely down to score difference though. After falling flat to Cork, they bate the bollix out of Waterford and Clare.
The last game against Tipp in Thurles was irrelevant but meant that if Limerick could beat Tipp and Clare could beat Cork, Clare would advance instead of Cork. Limerick didn’t bother their holes against Tipp but Clare turned Cork. Loughnane had a right lash at Kiely in the star the following day.

Is the talk that the Galway players have been seriously underwhelmed and generally bemused by Shefflin’s plans/methods actually true?

“Training??? FFS sake.”

They can’t understand him

He’s probably had to start again. "Hurling by numbers " if you will

1 Like

Tommy O’Connell will have a hard time staying on the Cork panel. Padraig Power would be a much better choice.

That’s more like it.

Yes.
They struggle with the “enemy of my enemy is my friend” concept.

I agree with this.

When the two football semi-finals were held on different weekends in 2021 the amount of coverage each got ramped up exponentially.

Compare that to 2019 when the two semi-finals were between the same teams. Kerry v Tyrone might as well not have been on such was the disinterest in it. In 2021 it hogged the headlines for two weeks.

Playing key matches in April and having the All-Ireland final in July is a complete joke.

A team could be effectively out of the championship by April 23rd.

All-Ireland finals should be in September, end of.

5 Likes

Agreed. They’ve destroyed the hurling championship.

Lash it up to the forwards and let God sort them

1 Like

Sheffllin came across as a total idiot anytime I saw
Him on tv doing analysis. I’d be amazed if he does anything with Galway.

1 Like

If you’re going to have a round robin, have it in your prime months of June and July.

Not April when it’s invariably freezing and association football and snooker dominate everything.