All Ireland Hurling Championship 2022

I think they’ll be happy with a victory of somewhere in the region of 10 to 15 points.

I’d imagine Wexford gave it a close run against Cork in 2004. That was a demoralising semi-final beating. Although I think it may have only been an 18 point deficit in the end.

Once you go beyond about 15 points any further margins are all basically the same.

A 16 point lead can be dangerous in hurling as Waterford learned against Galway last year.

2 Likes

@Aristotle would Kinnerk have much input into players actual technical improvements?

One point will do.

Left out the most important stage in his development. The moment @Big_Dan_Campbell dismissed him entirely.

Huge, I would say. In fact, I would see it as his biggest contribution. His sessions are largely designed to improve technical skills under pressure.

Fair enough, he doesn’t have a hurling background so presume it’s increased pressure improves touch/striking. I was wondering does he break down skills via video etc because it’s an area a lot of yer players have improved on.

Any sessions online. I’d be fascinated to see how they go the jogging to cones always struck me as brain-dead anyway. Almost everything should replicate match play. Do you need years to improve teams with a games based approach though or would any bit help?

Currid is the other difference maker, basically knocked the old Limerick out of Limerick

1 Like

Kinnerk is intensely private about his coaching

Davy should send him a hamper every Christmas

Here he is hard at it.

1 Like

Depressing stuff.

1 Like

Lots of it should. But weaker players will never improve their basic skills if they are being pressured by stronger players. Like you’d need to develop confidence and the mechanics of the skill before trying it in a game based scenario IMVHO!

That’s why God created gable ends. If you have the use of a pitch and posts I’d be inclined to

1 Like

I’d say next week here will be epic. Big Big games are decided on the internet these days.
With heavyweights like @balbec and @flattythehurdler leading their forces you can expect some tempestuous exchanges. Bring it on.!!!

2 Likes

I don’t know if there are any sessions on videos online but there are plenty of talks/seminars where he discusses different elements.

I think the other big thing that he emphasises is less about replicating matchday exactly (which he definitely does at times), it’s about giving the player the autonomy to make a decision. It doesn’t need to be anything major, but they need to execute whatever skill they’re trying to execute and also make a decision.

People sometimes say that Limerick are robotic, but they’re really not; in fact everything about Kinnerk’s coaching is anti-robotic; it’s all about getting players to make the right decisions in the moment, playing heads-up hurling.

But the Clare lads used to rave about him when he was coaching them underage aswell, and the improvements that were seen in them.

3 Likes

Sure tis only Limerick.