All Ireland Hurling Championship 2022

Who’s arguing with anyone ? We’re just talking about Cork hurling and how it has been in decline for nearly 50 years

We were talking about whether or not having a wide spread of hurlers from different clubs was an advantage or not, personally I don’t think it makes much difference really but I’d probably prefer if a few clubs had more than one

Corks huge spread is obviously hindering them.

Cork maybe need to utilise more players from clubs bordering Limerick.

2 Likes

Wasn’t the Cork championship called the little All Ireland as all the city teams were basically combination of a whole plethora of players who moved into the city. Christy Ring and all that.

The standard of the city clubs has fallen off a cliff. Other than Newtown there hasn’t been a serious club there.

Newtown is closer to Limerick city than Cork city

3 Likes

Relax will you.

I had high hopes for Douglas circa 2017 with their all conquering underage teams and they rocked on to the Senior Championship with a forward line of Kingston, Cadogan, Turnbull, Cian McCarthy, Powter and Shane Bourke but it seems to have collapsed spectacular for them.

They were so strong in the forwards they had to accommodate Stephen Moylan in the backs.

Too middle class.

1 Like

I gave up on them when they had their post Championship drinking session in The Rochestown Park Hotel one of those years

Blackrock should have a purple patch to boost off winning the County a couple of years ago.

The Barrs have a fine crop of young hurlers coming through even if one of them is due to fuck off to play professional rugby and a few others steering down the intercounty football route.

Nouveau, middle class clubs usually have to go through a period of underachievement in which people laugh at them as they consistently lose to harder, less talented teams from more established clubs.

Then they eventually win, and bang, a monster is created.

Think Leinster in rugby.

2 Likes

Sure isn’t one of their “best players” Darragh Fitzgibbon a Castletown/Ballyagran man born and bred. 100%.

But Ballyagran or Limerick weren’t good enough for his father, he was going to win loads of All Irelands with Cork and his father wasn’t one bit shy about telling Limerick work colleagues about it either, nor was Darragh as he was growing up.

That went well for them.

25 Likes

Gwan the Dan!!!

4 Likes

Looks like he got Hego’d

2 Likes

Nasty post

1 Like

Are you sure he’s from the Limerick side of the border?
I used to work with a close neighbor of his who was most definitely from Cork and Charleville

His old man is from Milford anyway. A proud corkman