All Ireland Hurling Championship 2022

Will Kilkenny spend a player marking Kelly?

Youā€™d worry for Galway if they donā€™t improve about 300% on the last day

1 Like

Iā€™d be more worried about Oā€™Donnell.
I cannot ever remember us handling him well.

Not at all. Theyā€™ve all the momentumā€¦ eeking out a game not playing brilliantly is where Clare are at. Free shot at Limerick now with no pressure

Itā€™s not that they didnā€™t play well, they were outfought all over the pitch by CORK of all teams.
Theyā€™re lambs to the slaughter

For Galway to win they would need to delivery a performance well above anything we have seen from them so far this year and for Limerick to give a performance well below anything we have seen from them so far in this years championship.

Galway will be honest and probably have the size to live with Limerick for a good stretch but their patterns of play and tactics are so rudimentary it is hard to find any way for them being good enough to put up enough scores to win.

6 Likes

Clare supporters Iā€™ve spoken to since Wexford game very bullish about this weekend

My worry for Clare is that if they get it into their head that all they have to do is get back up to the Munster final levels to win. Could be hard to get up to them levels again as the Wexford game showed

I think itā€™s more about where Kilkenny are at rather than Clare. They upped it a bit in Leinster final but it was hardly vintage. They need to find another gear again if not more. Clare have been consistent enough all year and can be forgiven for dipping after the MF.

Clare will beat Kilkenny by 5+

Itā€™s nice to still be involved all the same.

1 Like

Kilkenny nearly lost to Galway FFS.

Wexford game was all about getting the Munster final and the shenanigans over the suspensions out of the way. Wouldnā€™t take much notice of it

Thatā€™s exactly what I mean about Clare though. If that is the attitude around the county it can seep into the panel and all of a sudden they sleepwalk into the game and cannot lift it. Unlikely with Lohan but ut is a danger

1 Like

Iā€™d imagine any team worth their salt would be able to insulate themselves from such sentiment.

1 Like

Clare have no real mental or psychological baggage when it comes to Kilkenny that they would have with a Cork or a Tipp team. Granted it is only league but we have had their number in it for the last decade or so and have given them a few right skinnings that time.

We have a team that relatively speaking has pretty much performed every day in championship hurling under the current manager for three seasons and have a number of players in really good form and very few lads you would be concerned about.

Kilkenny are Kilkenny and as always will take beating and will bring huge workrate but I think Clare fans are right to be bullish, they will perform and all things being equal have enough to beat Kilkenny.

3 Likes

All Ireland Semi Final is the best weā€™d have hoped for at the start of the year. Youā€™d be hard pressed to find anyone in Kilkenny saying weā€™d make the final this year.

Depends which Clare shows up. The one that didnā€™t take a backward step against Limerick twice or the loose meek one that made a limited Wexford team competitive.

The same Wexford team that beat Kilkenny in fairness.

Yeah the form lines are a mess. Clare and Kilkenny were both poor vs Wexford.

Both teams playing to their ability Iā€™d expect Clare to win.

If the Clare-KK game was in Thurles I would tip Clare for the win. Croker tilts it slightly in KKā€™s favour for me. Should be an intriguing game. Hoping to make it.