All Ireland Hurling Championship 2022

2 Likes

I’m not across the detail, but I presume Tipp go into the Joe McDonagh cup now?

They were as competitive as anyone. Limerick and Waterford bith got to finals too in the 2000s. The big rivalry was tipp kk. Galway with Joe should have won more in the 2010s.

Louisa bridge is hopping. Think a few Limerick fans got lost.

1 Like

Probably don’t care that much about Leinsters which has its benefits

Was wondering where he had disappeared to. Always thought he was an underrated player. A hardy buck and you need a few of those.

The dynamics of attendances are strange. Croke Park usually attracts higher absolute numbers because people from the counties involved who live in Dublin will tend to go.

But then there’s a counter effect where other people will stay away because it’s in Croke Park, because they have long experience of Croke Park being a lonely place when it’s not near full.

With attendances there’s a weird snowball effect, a herd effect, like with opinion polls. If people think others are going to turn up and make and event of it, it snowballs the demand and attendances can overshoot expectations.

Then there’s the reverse snowball effect where there isn’t much buzz and people just don’t bother and the attendance undershoots expectations. Yesterday’s attendance undershot expectations.

With Kilkenny involved on final day it’ll be very easy to rock up on the day and get a ticket for under face value.

I expect the attendance today to be around 52k.

2 Likes

Its surprisingly to me based on not be able to go in the most part for the last 2 years. The cost, availability of transport or accommodation is a big factor.

Your probably close on the attendance for today. Limerick will bring 38-40k easily. As i said if it was also cork in this position it would be the same. I was in connemara around the time before the 2017 final. Was shocked at the lack of hype around then. Galway is a split county with football going well this year. Not expecting a crowd from them.

There is a discussion of a semi potentially being played in PuC or semple, depending on the teams playing

1 Like

The season ticket works also.

By god it does. Worth the money with the club season ticket tied in too.

A long way since the last great championship of 2017 when we had 68k and 71k respectively

Way more buzz about the footballers in the city. And there was more buzz about the Mayo footballers in the football areas of Galway than the Galway hurlers over the last decade.

Tuam is far closer culturally to Mayo than to Portumna.

1 Like

The mayo buzz feeds into the galway football buzz. To bate the cunts. A proper rivalry. Used to go out with a women around ghe broder there. Says enough about mayo women.

I think planning venues should be horses for courses. But also at the end of the day getting to Croke park should be reason enough to get up to the match. This waitimg for the final shite you hear pisses me off. I dont mind tol much i didnt get a ticket ladt year until i speak with people who did, amd shouldnt have, considering the circumstances that lead to only 40k people could go last year

My final post until throw in. By christ i hope we do it. A hop off kk.

Best of luck to the galway posters. Great game hopefully. @Lazarus @KinvarasPassion @maroonandwhite @Cheasty @peddlerscross @Diabhal and anyone i missed.

All going well i will sow it into you. If not it will be long week listening to you cunts

:nigeria::nigeria::nigeria::nigeria:

3 Likes

@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

1 Like

G Mac out unsurprisingly.

10 Likes

Sell-out

1 Like

3 Likes