All Ireland Hurling Championship 2022

They did it in the last 10 mins too but cut off the 2nd ball to the inside far more effectively. I don’t know what they were at in the first 15 mins. They had a man back he was completely ineffective.

1 Like

Right now, their pretty much exactly where Cork were sitting in 2006 at the same stage. We’ll review in 2 weeks.

He’ll need to compose himself better. Jumping around like a lunatic over every decision just transcends panic amongst the team. Also how can you make rational calls if you’re totally irrational.

They’ve been far more dominant than that Cork team, They’ve won every big game bar one since 2018 and most of them with ridiculous ease.

I really admire that Cork team but this Limerick is ahead of them.

Jesus.

That’s a headshot if ever one was seen.

‘The man they call the best small man in hurling’

1 Like

That’ll affect his childer.

He can always tell the kids that him and his mate waltzed into 2 seats behind the dugout on All Ireland Semi final day. I’m sure they’ll believe him

1 Like

What a time to be alive. You’d feel for the kids though, when they ask wasn’t that the day of incredible minor All Ireland win below in Nowlan Park, and him fawning over Henry Shefflin above in Croker.

And for free also

1 Like

He’s more about drink and occasion than an actual supporter. I wonder did he agree with the playlist yesterday

2 Likes

A nasty post.

He’s like one of them young wans who hang around trying get the ride off extended panel members.

1 Like

Worse than any Munster rubby bandwagoner

That Cork team went 2-2 against Cody’s Kilkenny in Croke Park in All-Ireland finals.

Limerick are currently 0-1 in Croke Park against a much inferior version of Cody’s Kilkenny.

The truth is if Limerick lose this final and go 0-2 against Cody’s Kilkenny in Croke Park they’ll be seen to have been paper champions in the way Kerry in football were in the 2000s when they had no trouble putting away Mayo and Cork teams out of their depth, but got handed their arses any time Tyrone decided to put in an effort.

2 Likes

I think Galway needed that manic intensity and aggression. You could see their belief lifting as the game went on.

2 Likes

Truth is, who knows. I doubt players take any notice of what is going on, on the line. Its all about staying in the zone/moment

1 Like

It’s knowing when to use it though. Starting off a game that way is good, finishing it that way is not. Like I said, its a learning curve for players as well as managers knowing when to be able to switch from that manic bursting everyone and driving it long and when to calm it down, settle on the ball and work a score. When you have limited time in the game, you have to make the most of what limited chances there are left. You can see it in Limerick when they worked it out for the score, took that extra second on the ball to find a pass rather than heaving it way down the field.

Don’t necessarily disagree with on Limericks dominance within a defined time period. Cork contested the finals '03 through to '06 and the elder portion had won a final against KK in '99, they also had Waterford to contend with during that period. The age profile of the Limerick team is still very good but not so good that another 3 in a row opportunity would present itself.

In short and in terms of legacy and history etc. Limerick will never play a more important game than this final. ‘Pressure on Ger’.

1 Like