All Ireland Hurling Championship 2022

34K in the drawn game in croke park? That cant be right can it, dont remember it being that bad.

I like my lovely rose of Clare. Rose of tralee is maudlin shite alright

It was a marvellous match for the 34,432 fans present in Croke Park. Kilkenny were in front 0-5 to 0-4 in the 12th minute but Waterford upped the ante then and never trailed again. They were ahead 0-9 to 0-6 after 19 minutes and 0-13 to 0-10 by the 30th minute.

I suppose Waterford had been obliterated in the Munster Final, usually they’d be good to bring a crowd.

1 Like

The replay was a full house in thurles I remember it

Yeah. Expectation was very low in Waterford after the trimming they got in the Munster final v Tipp.

A 30k full house…

@BruidheanChaorthainn and @peddlerscross

We will need combined semi final attendances for the last 20 years if we are going to make a ruling on this.

Relying on one freak Limerick v Cork semi where two success starved counties with big populations met won’t cut it I’m afraid

5 Likes

Don’t be giving the lad facts. Everything was better in the past, don’t you know that. You’d swear the lad was 84

2 Likes

Wasn’t there 6,000 at some of the all Ireland semi finals during the 80s?

Comparing attendances is really silly

3 Likes

Yes i made this point to @BruidheanChaorthainn a couple of weeks ago but he conveniently ignored it

I definitely think the attendances at the weekend were low. And €90 is steep for the final; does it need to be that high? It’s not unreasonable when you compare it to other major sporting events, but it’s supposed to be a community organisation too.

Although I thought the semis were relatively reasonably-priced. They definitely should do a ticket to cover both matches at the weekend for a reduced amount. Because there was a fair few Limerick people up on the Saturday night, and I’m sure a few Clare or Kilkenny people would have hung around for the Sunday too.

But again, I care more about atmosphere than attendances. The major success of this season was definitely the match below in Ennis. It was feral.

1 Like

I often see dickheads whining on Twitter about Saturday evening start times for Croke Park knockout games. Going on about no consideration for travel times for those with small kids and being real moaning bastards. FFS Ireland is a small country and the furthest most point from Dublin is around 4.5 hours away. I don’t think many people will be coming from deepest west Cork or wherever - Cork footballers only have around 175 hardcore supporters anyway. And it’s a once/twice per year phenomenon. Gets the kids a McDonalds, make an adventure of it, they’ll sleep in the car, you’ll be home around midnight and they can be transferred straight to bed. Some cunts whinge about anything, including me here to be fair.

15 Likes

People moan about everything, doesn’t matter what the fuck you do

The Munster rubby bandwagon used to whinge about early kickoffs on Saturday afternoons at Thomond because it didn’t give them the chance to get liqueured up beforehand.

1 Like

Yerra tis like that with no match on

2 Likes

He likes to ignore facts when they don’t suit his ridiculous childish narratives.

If a croke park official said jump youd say how high.

2017, 2018 and 2019 broke the 120k barrier for the two semi finals.

Then here you furiously defending the embarrassing 90k figure for last weekend.

He’s a good wum in fairness to him. He has us all reeled in

2 Likes

You want to screw over the whole association to suit your own interests.

I want to the see the games grow.

People were giving out shit about the early throw-in for the first quarter-final (Cork-Galway, was it?). Saying it was a disgrace how early it was.

I think the argument was that people work Saturday mornings and do things with their kids. And people also give out about the 7pm, which I can understand. I think 5.30 seems reasonable enough for a Saturday.