All Ireland Hurling Championship 2022

The first Q/f was 13:30.

Big difference between 4 o clock and 13:30 for travelling to a game.

True, but I found it weird that it was okay for it to be that time on a Sunday but not on a Saturday.

Obviously I donā€™t have kids and havenā€™t done a proper day of work in my life so Iā€™m out of the loop on that one.

5 Likes

Either way comparing the semi finals to Q/fs is pointless.

I donā€™t think Q/ f finals are actually fixed until the middle of the season. Weā€™ll they could be on the Sunday i guess and itā€™s not given in fact where theyā€™ll be played.

Everyone knows where and when the semi finals will be played so from a marketing point of view they are a dream.

Iā€™ll need more evidence than that mate.

Give me at least 2010 to 2022

This coming from the fella who used to go back training early in the year then give up because he has more pressing events like the Rubby or fairyhouse.

Next year the season will be pushed back a fortnight which will suit event junkies like yourself a bit more.

And no matter when you play it, Kilkenny or Kerry supporters wonā€™t come.

So the clubs sold their souls for what? To never see an inter county player between January and the end of gaa season in America.

Seems like a real smart move with the idea of growing the game at the heart of it.

We have been through this but Iā€™ll spell it out for you again.

-inter county cannot overlap with club due to county managers. I donā€™t agree on it but that is the case.

-In any case when the April club month was in place it meant clubs seeing players for 2 weeks in April whilst club players had to be dogging in January, February which also cost clubs money for these games.
-This means split season has to happen although I think I agree it should be pushed back 3 weeks which will also slow down exodus to the USA.

Personally, I spent 2 summer in the USA and it was one of the best things I ever did. I actually think long term itā€™s a good thing for local clubs as lads get their travelling out of the way then go back to settle. A lot of my friends who didnā€™t do the US are now in Oz, UAE, etc.

4 Likes

Thereā€™s no reason this has to be the case if people had back bone.

Itā€™s up to this generation to inspire the next generation to keep the thing going.

Weā€™ll have a ten month borefest of an inter county season thanks to the clubs to agreeing to this awful split season.

Clubs will be folding all over the country in the next decade and the funding for clubs will disappear quickly. Teams will be selling their pitches for a few bob.

Just give it a few years youā€™ll see the ā€œbenefitsā€ of the split season.

How is there a 10 month county season?

Where you making this up?

There is the grand total of two players on the J1 list from Clare. Three from Limerick.
You might be overestimating the amount of lads gone Stateside.

7 Likes

There already going back to august with the finals next year do you honestly think they are going to stop there :sweat_smile:

The exact same thing happened with rugby clubs in the 90s.

Bumper crowds at games in the 90s as the AIL took off.

The provinces got moving and by the end off the 00s there wasnā€™t two people at the games and many of the clubs nearly went under.

The same is going to happen in the gaa.

Itā€™s the exact same time window except all Ireland club championships are in January rather than December.

Iā€™m going to stop engaging with you on this topic as your either a WUM or clueless.

He has as much notion of whatā€™s going on at club level as @Thomas_Brady

2 Likes

Itā€™ll be back to January to September within a few years when weā€™ve to endure multiple round robins and god knows what to get to end while the clubs have either decided to play with out inter county seasons or run their championships off in October and November.

I know far more whatā€™s going on at club level than you or most people on here.

Another gaa head who the minute their beloved croke park is questioned resorts to personal jibes.

I can definitely see them moving to some sort of NFL/AFL system where thereā€™s around 15 league rounds in the regular season with Play Offā€™s at then end.

Given they sold their tv rights behind a pay wall anything is possible.

People donā€™t care though theyā€™ll just blindly defend everything they do.

Thereā€™s Raylan tagging meā€¦ I bet this will be goodā€¦ Oh no, itā€™s an unprovoked attack, how unusualā€¦

Anyway I regularly refresh the club fixtures/ results page :face_with_monocle:

It was harsh. At least youā€™re in the country, yer man abroad in Longchamp and he reckons heā€™s plugged in