All Ireland Hurling Championship 2022

When its all over, it’ll feel like some anticlimax for them knowing that most of their games were played in front of just a few journalists and Big Rob Ryan.

3 Likes

You have to go back to the 1940s where the first three years of the decade didn’t see at least one All Ireland win from Tipp or Kilkenny. That’s only happened twice so far (the 1890s been the other decade). If you add Cork to the mix, there has never been a decade without at least one of them winning one of those first three.

I think that record falls in 2022.

1 Like

What about the middle three years of a decade?

January is a tough month for a lot of people. But fair play to guys for trying really hard…

10 Likes

I didn’t check that. I was able to to back in my head to the 50s for first three years as I’d know Tipp’s wins, but I had to look up the other decades.

Kilkenny have won every year ending in 2 since 1962(Tipp).

Should be an open draw, Leinster championship is poor.

What has this got to do with pub closing times in rural communities?

It could be argued that sans Limerick that Munster is worse

For all their smart talk, they know what’s coming…

1 Like

That one will most certainly fall.

Leinster looks very competitive next year, but of a poor standard compared to Munster. Galway should have enough to win it, but then again we’ve been saying this for the last two years. Wexford should improve on last year and I have a feeling Kilkenny may stumble.
I’m going with Galway to win it, and Wexford and Dublin to qualify. Will come down to H2H or points difference.

Munster is so difficult to call. Limerick will qualify almost certainly. Waterford are the best placed team to have a right cut off Limerick in 2022 IMO so I think they will get out of Munster too. Clare have been steady under Lohan but I can’t help but think that their progress is somewhat overrated. Still heavily reliant on Tony Kelly.
Cork and Tipp are two real unknown quantities. Both teams could do with a serious overhaul of youth, and the youth is there within both counties. Kingston has to be bold. Bonnar needs to be too but I’m not sure that he will be.
Limerick and Waterford to contest the final and I honestly can’t call who will come third.

1 Like

I don’t think it could. Any Munster county would probably beat any Leinster county but Galway if they got their act together

Controversial statement; Kilkenny need to phase TJ out and allow the younger players have more responsibility

In a kind of “we won’t win anything anyway so may as well be completely shit” NBA kind of way?

1 Like

What young players? If you’re talking about Cody and Mullen, they already have significant responsibility in that Kilkenny forward line.

They’re gonna win fuck all with him so why not try without him, unless Leinster titles are still currency there

Bizarre. Why not just put out the footballers?

1 Like

Kelly and Aidan McCarthy are out for the whole league with injury while Conlon and O’Donnell are expected to miss most of it. Given the condensed season I think it will be very hard to get four key players up to speed in a matter of weeks leading to championship.

Granted it means that it will allow opportunities for others in the league and a chance to grow the panel you would think that continuity will be key for all sides given how tight the season now is.

Building for the future with a 34 year old leading the way is bizarre alright

Dropping your best player because you’re not going to win anything anyway is one of the stupidest things I ever heard.