All Ireland Hurling Championship 2022

Agreed, Kieran and Shane are too good not to be playing

2 Likes

Stack was ā€œfussiestā€ referee in last yearā€™s league.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/hurling/2021/0624/1231152-hurlign-fouls-analysis-piece/

Iā€™d say you check under your bed for John Kiely and any of the Limerick squad before jumping into it at nightā€¦

2 Likes

He ignored some blatant fouls and then blew up for some non foulsā€¦ He must have signalled a pull about 20 times when there was no pull at all. There was no free at all for the one that led to the first Waterford goal. On the Tom Morrissey one, he indicated something happened before the ball bounced in and he was hooked, but there was nothing in it I think.

1 Like

Itā€™s been said for ever and ever about hurling but itā€™s very hard to keep up with a game where the ball travels so far and fast.

He made an effort to call some obvious steps and throws fouls and then gave up on it.

Nobody seems to know if itā€™s a foul or not to strike with the hand at the opponentā€™s ball carrying hand. It may be ā€œrough playā€ depending on the ref.

I think he got most of the throws rightā€¦ probably one or two borderline that he let go. I imagine like young guards they have a quota to fill on throw balls. He did Waterford for steps after the Mul goal chance and it was harsh. Similarly, Hego got done second half after a great catch and run with a defender hanging off him and it was harsh. All things being said, there was no real dirt between themā€¦ If they meet in a Munster finalā€¦ familiarity , contempt etc

I wouldnā€™t bother if I was you kid. I wouldnā€™t bother with any other games this year either. It wouldā€™ve saved us all a lot of time and effort if they presented Liam to Limerick yesterday evening and let us get on with the bit of aul club stuff and the sillage

2 Likes

I suspect itā€™s close to impossible not to overcarry if you pick the ball in a crowded area when playing Limerick, Iā€™d say you couldnā€™t even drop the ball if you tried half the time

1 Like

Sure it was Dublin beat ye on the final day to knock ye out. Wexford and Kilkenny drew.

Davy continues to winter well. Heā€™ll soon have his own gravitational pull.

That bit when gleeson came down the wing and done a dummy solo and then cut the ball to absolutely nobody was a bit odd.

Was that off the cuff or was he expecting Dessie to cut back out?

As long as thereā€™s an invoice attached to it it can pull away so it can

Iā€™d say he saw Dessie but then Dessie moved and wasnā€™t expecting Gleeson to put it across. Would have been some goal.

1 Like

Lovely bit of bantz between Davy and Sheedy there.

1 Like

Is Davy reading the Koran or what?

Iā€™d say probably not really.

That was it. A sign of how Wexford are not to be trusted, and how far kk have fallen that they were both afraid of Galway.

Joeplayer would be all over this.
Joanne Iā€™ve decided has little of interest to say.

Agree absolutely with this. Itā€™s hard to know what to do about it though.

Typical misogyny.