All Ireland Hurling Championship 2022

McNulty drove two balls wide in the last ten minutes that should have been dropped in front of Dessie. The couple of points he got against Tipp probably went to his head.

3 Likes

A big rubby man like yourself should surely know the lay of the land on the north side of Limerick

1 Like

Iā€™d say a full strength Limerick would beat the pick of the Leinster counties @Fitzy

1 Like

Yeah, McNulty is a slightly awkward striker of a ball. Seems to squat down and plant both legs very wide as he hits it.

1 Like

Crazy from McNulty. Into the wind aswell.

Whatever about the first one, no way should he have taken on the second shot. Crazy and sucked the life from Waterford.

1 Like

Iā€™d say theyā€™d beat Kilkenny alright.

Austin tired markedly in the last ten minutes or else Byrnes upped his game on him significantly. One or the other, his influence dipped. That last lung bursting run up the left wing probably did for him. Noticeable too that Byrnes hit little or no loose ball all game. Hands full marking Austin.

2 Likes

Austin and Byrnes largely cancelled each other out. It was a good dual between two talismanic players.

Jamie Barron well off the pace when he came on. Struggling to get back up to speed after an injury blighted start to the year.

Did you make it to the match chief? Normally youd throw up an aul post a couple of days before letting us know

Its not really their fault but Waterford havenā€™t managed to get their best 15 on the field at any stage yet this year. Im not even sure they know their best 15.

I dont think the likes of Mikey Kiely, Monty and Cathrach Daly are good enough to be starting .

Need to get Barron and Iarlaith Daly right and start using Shane Bennett somewhere.

Play Dessie and Stephen Bennett inside.

Hogan came on last week and not yesterday. Pauric Mahony not used last week and on to save the day last night.

Too many moving parts at the minute in this Waterford set up. Theyā€™ll need to get everything right to get the job done in July.

1 Like

Shane Bennett has regressed a lot. Donā€™t think heā€™s of a standard to be starting anymore. Neither is Monty. More of an impact sub.

Iarlaith Daly in the full back line for sure.

Winning possession in the half forward line has been a big problem against Limerick. Michael Kiely out in the half forward line might be a better option there.

Iā€™d agree re Shane Bennett. Looks like Derek ruined him. Permanently by the looks of it.

Donā€™t suppose Sky show back any of these games? Wedding yesterday so didnā€™t see it

Itā€™s a real old fashioned Waterford striking style.

If you have the box itā€™s there on demand until Wednesday

1 Like

I wouldnt give up on Shane Bennett at all.

I thought he done well last year. At least as well as could be expected playing centre back.

He also has a telepathic understanding with his brother which can be very useful. I think they should find a way to start at least two Bennettā€™s possibly three. The chemistry would be iconic.

1 Like

Right after ye levelled for the last time he drove a long one wide.

2 Likes

Those three or four long frees and 65s mussed were a killer as well. Same as last year.

Wexford and Dublin conspired to get a draw to knock us out before, and handed the ai to Limerick. I hope they both lose.

2 Likes