All Ireland Hurling Final 2018

Where abouts are you, pal?

Starigrad, wherever that is.

Enjoy bud.

Thanks mouse, tis grand. The kids and herself are having a nice time. It’s far from here we were reared though. Croatia is a cool country.
Enjoy the final, wherever you are. It’ll be the laaaayge again soon enough regardless.

A great great article to be fair. Heartbreaking read. Nothing will make up for that day for those men sadly.

Limerick have a great chance.

I have that one at home in the drawer in my room in balbec towers. A great read.

1 Like

The last paragraph of Kirbys section about the kid on the train platform is fucking haunting. Great writing. Devastation laid bare. Sport eh.

I remember the Monday night after, Houla and a few of the South Limerick lads ended up in Paddy MacAuliffe’s in Kilmallock. All he could say was “we had it in our hand and we fucked it away”. A legendary local GAA commentator was sound asleep on a seat, Woke up and puked his guts up. Poignant that.

7 Likes

Are ye staying in the same place or moving around a bit? Loads of Polacks go there. It’s only 12 hours by car from here.

Don’t be casting aspersions on the likes of Mal Keaveney please.

2 Likes

Who is @Joe_Player tipping?

Cows.

The only real negative to Limerick’s journey this year is that Mal wasn’t reinstated as lead commentator after his glorious come back in the league match against Clare. He is the voice of Limerick GAA.

Well said Mikey

Are u serious? At least Donn O Sullivan for a rubby man puts a bit of passion into it.

Isnt that our man from ‘that’ video? Put the ball over the bar and into the back of the net

1 Like

Couldn’t read that. Is it online or readable anywhere?

Same place, but been out on the bike a bit. Some utterly brutal hills. Kids are sailing and stuff all day so I’ve a bit of time. Swimming is good too. Did a 1k race this morning, got beaten out of sight by two children who, it transpires, swim for Scotland :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Will you find an auld transistor radio for Sunday flatty?