All Ireland Hurling Final 2018

Galway were septic except for the last 15 mins,but it was too much to make up.They lost the game on the line.Donaghue needs to take a lot of blame for this loss.

Enjoy. Iā€™ll get a curry chip in nice bites when I get off the train. But not before I drive down through Charleville.

5 Likes

:thinking:

1 Like

We fucking did it lads. Huge show of character from Galway. Condolences to the Galway lads on here. We know how ye feel

7 Likes

[quote=ā€œMassey, post:1489, topic:26604, full:trueā€]
Galway were septic except for the last 15 mins,but it was too much to make up.They lost the game on the line.Donaghue needs to take a lot of blame for this loss.
[/quote]heā€™s not a great manager

Twas funny hearing all the talk about how if Tipp still had the Galway S&C lad Lucasz, weā€™d be doing this and that

The gym monkeys were sweating by the time they were shaking hands with Michael D. Limerick were much fitter

1 Like

There is that. When they got it back to a point, to not bring Glynn back out to win a puckout was hard to understand.

1 Like

Poor on the line alright. But hard for the line when youā€™re getting beaten everywhere on the field too.

They were brutal, and devoid of ideas, and looked stale. Again, they have no plan B. Cody is dead right, you need speed, at least four of the forwards preferably should be vicious quick. We seem to have been frozen on the line all year. Iā€™d love to see Kinnerk do a year with this galway team. They gave all they had. It was plenty good enough for me. Delighted with them. Its been a great past five years to be a galway fan really.

1 Like

They are too bulky

2 Likes

Link for the official do in the Gaelic Grounds for anyone bringing the sprogs out, free in but selling out fast

Edit: sold out now

Doors close 6:30 tomorrow night.

Theyā€™ll have to open Thomond Park for the overflow :smirk:

3 Likes

Congratulations to my Limerick efriends.

Hannon or Lynch MOTM due to consistent excellence over the entire game. Thought Hannon was a bit wasteful early on but got on a load of ball and was very good from when he scored those two points in a row.

Hayes had a fantastic third quarter and Flanagan is some man to win ball and has superb movement, but just needs to tidy up his execution and decision making.

Mike Caseyā€™s best game for Limerick too until being forced off and SeĆ”n Finn is the archetypal lock down corner back.

Canning had a huge last quarter for Galway when he was floating around wing forward and I thought Aidan Harte was decent enough. They maybe should have had Glynn out in the half forward line for more of the game. C Mannion, Cooney x2 fairly disappointing and the defence largely under pressure.

Think Limerick were well deserving winners and should have won by more, but sometimes to win the first you need to be a good bit better even to edge it.

6 Likes

Not from Limerick pal but delighted for them. Thereā€™s not much that bring communities together quite the same as hurling. Itā€™s not cliched waffle to say that. There has been a hurley in my hand from the cradle to now so I obviously feel quite passionate about it and anything but soulless I can assure you. People these days though care not a jot for much bar themselves. Giving an edgy insight whilst drinking a craft beer they bought from Lidl in the hope that others might agree with their ballsy contrarian view. Looking for a niche in the ideas department that will cut the ice all the while contributing the square root of fuck all. At least if you have a thought process be consistent with it and donā€™t be a wiggy waggy. By the way the photo in question depicts a young Limerick hurler in the vast expanses of Croke park quite a world away from the deafening scenes that took place an hour previous. I dont know what he was thinking of but maybe it was all the work that culminated to him being able to live in that moment, loved ones who had gone before him and feeling a spiritual connection or maybe he just left a Hurley in the net behind the goal but life will be different. They will be feted and rightly so. They did something 44 previous Limerick teams couldnt do since 73. Their fathers probably wouldnā€™t have been able to recollect what 73 was like.

5 Likes

Wtf took you so long pal? I need someone to give me my opinion on the game.

I always look forward to the match report from @lazarus

Congrats Limerick, some amount of joyous scenes as we sneaked away west. We hurled for about 15 minutes of it and nearly caught ye but wasnā€™t to be.

Enjoy the celebrations

14 Likes

https://twitter.com/AnalysisGaa/status/1031215644912615425?s=19

This happened time and time again when Galway lads tried to break the tackle. You canā€™t invent or instill hunger really.

4 Likes

Gillane was blowing after 20 mins