All Ireland Hurling Final 2020 Limerick v Waterford - the * All Ireland

But, Nash is by far the worst keeper in the country according to the TFK cognoscenti.

In fairness to Nicky heā€™s so consistent & does everything well without fuss he gets over looked. Hope he gets his all star this year.

well he consistently beats the Limerick puck out set up. I think the key to it being able to hit half forwards on run - like he did with Kearney

Corkā€™s puckouts have been pretty poor since 2018. 2017 was peak Nash but helped by the runners in all directions. Since Seanie moved to Limerick, Corkā€™s puckouts have deteriorated season on season (maybe 2020 was a slight improvement on 2019 but not great).

Seanie Oā€™Donnell lads, Seanie Oā€™Donnell.

1 Like

Nickieā€™s delivery on the long puckouts is whatā€™s really impressive; trajectory that favours the forwards that we have.

I wouldnā€™t ever have blamed him for the short ones; it was getting our backs to be comfortable & confident on the ball when being put under pressure & having to make decisions.

1 Like

Cork is the template to beat Limerickā€¦the semi final and particularly the game last year

I still need a defibrillator near me when Mike Casey gets a short one - he looks too relaxed coming out with it

1 Like

they cleaned us out both sides of it last year

Took our HB line out of it and just spoiled it when they had to compete and Kearney mopped up

Tbf, in 2019, Nash just lumped it long with the wind at his back and our half-back line never adjusted. There wasnā€™t any real scientific method to it but it was working & he persisted. Nashā€™s best thing at his peak was the speed of the puckout; the ball was back in play before any team could setup. If you got a ref that had a slow second whistle, he tended to struggle.

We coped much better when Tipp tried boomers in the Munster Final last year & this year in the wind.

Will Waterford be able to combine a mini-Sparoi festival with the homecoming?

From what I can see from it, Galways targeted Hannon for his distribution and plotted to keep the ball away from him and try to work it up the sides. While it worked in the sense that Hannon saw pretty much sweet fuck all, both Byrnes and Hayes were immense and with Tom and Gearoid tracking back, they ran into a brick wall. They then tried route one a couple of times but with only 5 forwards, it was meat and drink to the Limerick backs.

2 Likes

Limerick 1-27 Waterford 1-23.

I think we will go all out and reignite the Thrill on the Hill again.

Limerick 2-30 Waterford 0-19.

Limerick 1-32 Waterford 1-21

I had a good chat with him Tuesday evening, he was a tad sore about the criticism he was getting about Saturday evening.
He asked me for my opinion, he wasnā€™t pleased with my POV. He did say that on second viewing he felt KK probably got the softer calls to which I laughed out loud.

I think heā€™ll do a grand job of the final and will be watching for LK throwing the ball a lot.

I received numerous PMā€™s with lads trying to tell me who you were and asking me to start gribbing you online.

Nasty business which I ignored tbh

Draw has worked out very nicely for you. All that unnecessary fretting you were doing for a few weeks about the strength of Tipperary, how they were the real favourites, the team to beat and would probably take Limerick in an All Ireland Final rematch.

Will it devalue the All Ireland win for you, winning the final by a cricket score margin against a non-traditional power?