All Ireland Hurling Final 2020 Limerick v Waterford - the * All Ireland

There is a hand and a hurley in that photo that I doubt belongs to him. It is just left hanging there in mid air over sSutcliffs shoulder.

@TreatyStones

Are they no relation to Richie?

I was going to ask about Eddie McGrath but I see Fagan beat me to the punch; was he any good?

Caesar must be a cousin of the fella who opened that Palace over in Vegas

Puddy was a horrendous referee also

Brutal.

Tipperary won the All-Ireland in 2019, which was 61 years after 1958, when they also won it. So the sequence should have been Cork winning it in 2020, which is 77 years after 1943.

Ya Pat and Jackie are brothers

I’m drunk and my maths is too. Are you telling me, based on maths, lump on Limerick?

2 Likes

Don’t think he played much before or after. That happened a lot in those days. Davy Riordan from Kilmallock was taken off against Tipp at half time in ‘81 and was never seen again.

Lk were beat by Waterford after being very close to winning AI in 1980 & 1981 . Year was seen as a disaster . The team then got to league final in 1983 and lost narrowly to Cork after a replay in Munster .

I don’t think Eddie featured again .

How were they close to winning an AI in 80 and 81? They were seen off by the same Galway team both years. Not good enough.

Christ this is a very boring AI build up, no bit of venom at all. I suppose it’s not that unexpected, two teams that until 2018 were just over the century between them of winning an AI.

What could possibly liven things up? A rival PM is group is out of the question as we only have two (real) Waterford men.

What’s there to be venomous about? We’re just delighted to be there.

Great to be there.

Brilliant to be in the final.

It’ll be very hard to follow up the classic “lets change our pics to Limerick people” effort from our previous opponents alright

7 Likes

:laughing: Their internetting was mirrored on the field of play. Just not good enough.

1 Like

They panicked, they didn’t follow the process or the whiteboard.

1 Like

Kiely didn’t even need to deploy the whiteboard against them at the second water break.

1 Like